ODK TAB Call - 2023-12-06 @ 5pm UTC

These calls bring together the Technical Advisory Board for the ODK suite (@TAB) to discuss roadmaps, working groups, and other issues of technical governance. Everyone is welcome to come to these calls, but only TAB members may talk.

The calls are held every four weeks on Zoom. We put the agenda and recording of every call in this document.

Our next call will be Wednesday, Dec 6 @ 5pm UTC. The meeting time should be shown in your timezone here.

The agenda is tentatively as follows:

• New features coming soon: mbtiles, printing, external camera support, geofence
  • 2024 priorities
  • Community survey brainstorming

The agenda can also be seen in the agenda document

If there are topics you would like to add to the TAB's agenda, please comment below. :point_down:

1 Like

Thanks for being so proactive, @Xiphware, and I'm sorry I'm coming so late with topic suggestions!

• Logistics: move first meeting of 2024 to Jan 10th so there's more time between this and next
    • Jan 10th topic: TAB evolution with goals of further increasing inclusiveness and impact
  • Coming soon: mbtiles, printing, external camera support
  • 2024 priorities
    • solicit brief feedback on docs and learning resources, hear TAB priorities
  • Community survey brainstorming
    • goals: identify current usage patterns, needs, individuals who want to engage more deeply with ODK
1 Like

Thanks! I'll update the agenda doc for tomorrow in a bit.

In regards to 'Coming soon', I might add that I hope to (finally!) finish off before Xmas a new geofence feature [actually, it'd be a new geoshape-based XPath function, ala area] that I'd love to get some initial feedback on before I submit a formal PR.

3 Likes

Thank you all @TAB and guests for a most lovely final 2023 TAB call. Wish you all a safe and pleasant Xmas and New Year break with those dearest to you.

Oh, @janna if you want to find out if you are stuck inside a donut, you just need to check if you are in the donut and not in the hole.... :wink:

See y'all on the other side 2024!

6 Likes

Thanks for great facilitation, @Xiphware! Lots to think about from all the feedback, as always.

@wroos asked about bug fixes as part of 2024 priorities. I want to reiterate that it's possible we've either missed bugs that have been reported, underestimated their seriousness, or undercommunicated about difficult issues we're figuring out how to work through. Happy to see a thread of what anyone feels is particularly important so we can triage together.

Thanks for the wishes, @Xiphware, and happy Hanukkah starting tomorrow! :menorah:

4 Likes

Missed the call? Find a recording below.

3 Likes