These calls bring together the Technical Steering Committee for the ODK suite (@TSC-1) to discuss roadmaps, working groups, and other issues of technical governance. Everyone is welcome to come to these calls, but only TSC members may talk.
The calls are held every two weeks in our UberConference room. We put the agenda, audio, and transcript of every call in this document.
Our next call will be Wed, July 10th. The meeting time should be shown in your timezone above.
The agenda is tentatively as follows:
- Introduction/warm up/agenda review
- Review action items from last meeting
* @yanokwa - Think about what things should formally be tracked as roadmap items (paragraph or so describing this).
* @yanokwa - Private forum convo to suggest other attendees and topics for round 2 of ODK convening.(DONE)
* @yanokwa @LN - Review with LSHTM the use-case for approaches for linking form instance changes to individuals to narrow down the scope.
* @aurdipas - Get more details about clinical trial requirements? What would be useful given constraints of ODK? https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NyBFhASCOAqOSmz70diQObKpymVE59_MuwjOUPCKlR8
* @Xiphware respond with any objections to XForms spec repeat event
- Roadmap check-in
- Next meeting time—same or different?
- Next meeting roles
* . Facilitator:
* . Note taker: (Usually facilitator from last meeting)
- Review action items
The agenda can also be seen in the agenda document
If there are topics you would like to add to the TSC's agenda, please comment below.
FYI I wont be unable to make this call (but I dont believe that'll have any serious repercussions for anything on the agenda...) So please feel free to reschedule it to a more sensible time in my absence!
I also can't make this as I have to take kid to the doctor. Pour one out for me. I realize this is two in a row. Will definitely be at the next one.
Thanks as always for all that you do, @TSC1! Reading the notes made me really miss the icebreakers (ȟ̷͚͈̝̈́̈́̇̇̄̕͜a̴̛͕̎ͅc̸̛̝̩̤̯̽̓͋̈́͑̕k̷̢̲̹͈̲͕͚̼͐̆̇̕ͅe̷̩̘̰̟̼͇͔̘̠̠͐̈̎͋̈́d̷̢̠̖͍̯̈̿́͗͠!).
I see there was some discussion of collecting a trace of points with the
setlocation action or a new action like it. This may already have come out of the discussion but since it wasn't in the notes, what I had in mind for traces is to use
xforms-value-changed events to get the location of the last time a value was changed. You could do this in a repeat, too. For example, you could have a repeat that prompts for a landmark name that you fill in as you walk and a point would be generated automatically for each repeat. It's not perfect for auditing purposes because it's the location the last time the value was edited but if a more complete record of where a user was over time is needed, there's audit log location tracking.