ODK TSC 1 Call - 2019-10-02

These calls bring together the Technical Steering Committee for the ODK suite (@TSC-1) to discuss roadmaps, working groups, and other issues of technical governance. Everyone is welcome to come to these calls, but only TSC members may talk.

The calls are held every two weeks in our UberConference room. We put the agenda, audio, and transcript of every call in this document.

Our next call will be Wed, 2nd October 2019. The meeting time should be shown in your timezone above.

The agenda is tentatively as follows:

The agenda can also be seen in the agenda document

If there are topics you would like to add to the TSC's agenda, please comment below. :point_down:

2 Likes

Thanks for facilitating two meetings in a row, @Ukang_a_Dickson!

Agreed that we should review the convening sessions since it's the most urgent thing.

I propose we skip repo policy and instead try to get approval on the proposed spec changes at Approaches for linking form instance changes to individuals - #68 by yanokwa since that's been dragging on.

OpenID Connect is an important topic, but I think it might be early for a TSC discussion. I'd propose we stay close to our road map process and start with a forum post in development about what OpenID Connect is, what problems it's solving for Ona, what benefits it might have for Collect/Briefcase/Central, and an example scenario or two that demonstrates those benefits.

1 Like

Ugh. Too late now, but we just did daylight savings downunder (+1hr), so this is now at 2am. And it'll go to 3am once all you 'Northerners' go in the other direction imminently... So we might have to shuffle things around again after the Convening, alas [assuming y'all want me to be moderately coherent that is :slight_smile: ]