ODK TSC 1 Call - 2019-11-13

These calls bring together the Technical Steering Committee for the ODK suite (@TSC-1) to discuss roadmaps, working groups, and other issues of technical governance. Everyone is welcome to come to these calls, but only TSC members may talk.

The calls are held every two weeks in our UberConference room. We put the agenda, audio, and transcript of every call in this document.

Our next call will be Wed, 13 November, 2019. The meeting time should be shown in your timezone above.

Please review the proposed timeline @martijnr put together and check to see what action items you may have from last meeting (@yanokwa was absent and so ended up with the most :upside_down_face:).

A Red Cross volunteer with the background and experience to help with a branding/positioning strategy will join to discuss the support she will be providing.

I think we should also discuss in more detail the delegation of responsibilities for the different upcoming activities.

The agenda can be seen in the agenda document

If there are topics you would like to add to the TSC's agenda, please comment below. :point_down:

2 Likes

The meeting time is now an hour later for me, so not sure whether I'll be able to make it.

If @zestyping is available, he hopes to join to discuss moving forward with the
FUTURE OF GEO :world_map: :star_struck: in ODK
He has been thinking about this extensively, there was a session at the convening, and he is close to having an MVP document + rough roadmap idea for the TSC to take a look at.

FYI I'm OK moving it up an hour - to 5am NZT - if if means Adam can make it. But he'll owe me a wake-up latte each morning :wink:

1 Like

Both this post and the calendar event have it listed at 9 am San Diego time and 6 am Auckland time. I think we should keep it like that.

I understand that @adam.butler might not be able to make it (which sucks), but I think that should have been decided on the call when everyone could weigh in.

not sure as well if I can make it 6pm. German class starting 6:30pm :frowning: maybe I can join for the first 20 minutes. But this will happen till the end of this year every Wednesday.

1 Like

Yes, I think you're probably right @yanokwa. There was some confusion on the call about what impact the daylight saving change would have, and I misunderstood that it meant the meeting would be an hour later in European time (same goes for @aurdipas, I guess).

My availability at this time (9am/6pm/6am/12pm) will be spotty - I'll just have to see whether I can make it on a meeting by meeting basis.

The spec that @danbjoseph referred to is ready to go and is described at Visualize on the fly in the mobile phone the data collected with ODK on a map - #5 by LN. I'd like to add that to the agenda. Perhaps @zestyping and @LN could attend the call to push for approval. Review before if you can.