ODK TSC 1 Call - 2020-03-04

These calls bring together the Technical Steering Committee for the ODK suite (@TSC-1) to discuss roadmaps, working groups, and other issues of technical governance. Everyone is welcome to come to these calls, but only TSC members may talk.

The calls are held every two weeks in our UberConference room. We put the agenda, audio, and transcript of every call in this document.

Our next call will be Wed, March 4th, 2020. The meeting time should be shown in your timezone above.

The agenda is tentatively as follows:

• Transition check-in
  • Client-settings endpoint (@LN )
  • ODK Collect UI change review process
  • Geo in ODK (@danbjoseph)

The agenda can also be seen in the agenda document

If there are topics you would like to add to the TSC's agenda, please comment below. :point_down:

I'll be there. The two relevant threads are OpenRosa spec proposal: add optional /client-settings endpoint and Proposal: publish a settings key/value standard. Thanks to @tomsmyth for the great comments and suggestions and to @martijnr for sharing information about Enketo configurability.

After more reflection, I suggest coming back to this when Team Collect has a more concrete proposal to put forth. I wrote a bit more about this in the last TSC call thread.

Possible additional topic: daylight savings time is impending in North America (March 8) and then in Europe (March 29).

And another one: XLSForm proposal to calculate a value when another value changes -- it would be great to get more eyes on this, especially @Ukang_a_Dickson's.

...I'll try to add any more I can think of that may be appropriate to this thread before the call.

:scream:

1 Like

And then in New Zealand on April 5th but in the other direction! Oh my goodness, could this be more confusing?

We are two days out from the meeting, so I wanted to ping @TAB and provide some pre-meeting homework :laughing:

1. Read over the client-settings endpoint discussion so we can spend the meeting time asking @LN hard questions!

2. Skim over the migration announcement and timeline. I want to make sure are confident about the messaging strategy.

3. We have some crazy time zone shifts coming up. Think about when a good time would be for us to meet. I've put some time-zone screenshots below that might help.

March 4, current time

March 18, After North America changes

April 1, After Europe changes

April 8, After New Zealand changes

1 Like

I think it’s quite obvious from the diagrams above that whomever is at the bottom is just being a complete fly-in-everybody’s-ointment, and we should probably just banish the individual in question for being so inconsiderate in choosing to live in such a bloody stupid timezone!

Oops, no, wait....

:grin: