ODK TSC 1 Call - 2020-04-15

These calls bring together the Technical Steering Committee for the ODK suite (@TSC-1) to discuss roadmaps, working groups, and other issues of technical governance. Everyone is welcome to come to these calls, but only TSC members may talk.

The calls are held every two weeks in our UberConference room. We put the agenda, audio, and transcript of every call in this document.

Our next call will be Wed, April 15. The meeting time should be shown in your timezone above.

The agenda is tentatively as follows:

The agenda can also be seen in the agenda document

If there are topics you would like to add to the TSC's agenda, please comment below. :point_down:

Bump. Looking for agenda topics for tomorrow... @yanokwa do we need a short discussion around the 'ODK' copyright/ownership? Do we wish to revisit the earlier discussion around a new logo (now would probably be a good time to do it along with all the other changes) or are we going to stick with the existing one? ...

Otherwise I'll look thru Roadmap today and pull out a couple things we might discuss.

Sorry for the delay, @Xiphware. Lots of my plate this week :crying_cat_face:.

I'm still waiting to hear back from a few folks I've talked to about trademarks, so I don't have a ton to share at the moment. I would however like to talk about what we think the key elements of whatever "licensing" agreement should be so we can make those elements known to TSC-2.

Another thing we could talk about is a policy for how control access to repos. We have folks who have write permissions who haven't contributed code in a year and that seems dangerous. The issue is at https://github.com/opendatakit/roadmap/issues/39

A final thing would be to put @martijnr or @Ukang_a_Dickson on the spot about remaining things are needed for their tools to officially join the core tools.

Thanks. I'll add something to the agenda to cover. [and I know how hard it is to still think straight after being locked up with a child for 3+ weeks... :wink: ].

I thought it might also be nice to maybe have an 'open' mic for anybody to share what projects they've been working on Covid-19 related? Any takers?