ODK TSC Call - 2019-04-17

ODK 1 @TSC calls bring together the Technical Steering Committee to discuss roadmaps, working groups, and other issues of technical governance. Everyone is welcome to come to these calls, but only TSC members may talk.

The calls are held every two weeks in our UberConference room from 16-17 London time. We put the agenda, audio, and transcript of every call in this document.

Our next call will be Wed, 17 Apr 2019, from 16-17 London time (see in your timezone).

The agenda is tentatively as follows:

1. Introduction/warm up/agenda review
  2. Review action items from last meeting
    • Yaw: Write up Central migration plan
    • Yaw: Write up some ideas for marketplace. @Xiphware will contribute.
    • Yaw: Write up next steps for external data
    • Tom: Governance changes for next week week.
    • NZ-friendly meeting time discussion (@Xiphware)
  3. Case management requirements (@adam.butler)
  4. Roadmap & parking lot check-in
  5. +/Δ
  6. Next meeting time and roles

The agenda can also be seen in the agenda document

If there are topics you would like to add to the TSC's agenda, please comment below. :point_down:

Since the agenda is kind of empty, we could recall some topics from the parking lot. Any preferences?

I see some stuff that might be appropriate:

• Guidelines for becoming an ODK project - @tomsmyth
  • Auto-GPS implementation on Collect (there's been some forum activity during March) - @martijnr
  • Add MapBox tiles (recent activity on the forums) - @yanokwa

I think I had committed to finishing up the Project Governance Policy for this meeting so you can put that on there (your first bullet).

1 Like

Are 15' OK for what you've in mind?

Hi, I am unable to make the call. I'm flying to Mozambique on Wednesday to support the Red Cross response to Hurricane Idai. I will try to make the next two (May 1 and 15) but am unsure of my availability and the robustness of my internet connection.

2 Likes

Well I'd hardly call @adam.butler 's Case Management 'empty'... :laughing: We could probably easily chew up an hour talking about external data, 'entity' forms vs 'report' forms, external metadata instances, yadda, yadda.

Of course, at 3am, I'm not sure how coherent or useful my contributions may be... :sleeping:

You're right, sorry! :sweat_smile:

That's true, and it's kind of the mistake I made last time we discussed this several months ago. That's why I would like to restrict this round of the conversation to requirements, ignoring (if possible!) any thoughts about implementation.

1 Like

I've put together a list of user stories here:

It would be good if people could take a look before tomorrow's meeting. @ggalmazor can you add the link to the agenda please?

2 Likes

I think so, unless someone raises something unexpected.

1 Like