ODK TSC Call - 2020-06-24

These calls bring together the Technical Steering Committee for the ODK suite (@TSC) to discuss roadmaps, working groups, and other issues of technical governance. Everyone is welcome to come to these calls, but only TSC members may talk.

The calls are held every two weeks in our UberConference room. We put the agenda, audio, and transcript of every call in this document.

Our next call will be Wed, June 24. The meeting time should be shown in your timezone above.

The agenda is tentatively as follows:

• Introduction
  • Warm up
  • Agenda review
  • Review action items from last meeting
  • Roadmap check-in

The agenda can also be seen in the agenda document

If there are topics you would like to add to the TSC's agenda, please comment below. :point_down:

1 Like

If there's time, I would appreciate if the TSC could take a look at and give their initial reactions about a proposed roadmap/concept for enhancing geo in ODK Collect.

3 Likes

I have also added a first reading of some new governance documents I'm currently working on. Nothing will be decided finally at this meeting, just a first reading. I'll need a backup facilitator for that segment.

1 Like

I'm not sure what the process should be for this, but I'd like you all to give some thought to my future on the TSC. The background for this is that I've just started a new, totally unrelated job, which will have some effect on the time and attention I will be able to devote to ODK.

I would fully expect to be able to continue to attend the meetings, and to have a small amount of time to devote to smaller tasks, but I can't guarantee that I'll be able to take on larger stuff, and I will have less insight into real-world ODK usage.

I would love to continue being on the TSC in this somewhat reduced capacity, but I would also completely understand if you would prefer to open my place to someone who is able to guarantee a greater level of commitment.

Maybe we could add some time to discuss this today, and I can jump off the call for 10 minutes to give you a chance to talk about it?

2 Likes

@adam.butler thanks for your consideration here Adam. I'm not sure we'll have time for this today. Can we put it in the parking lot? Do you feel it's urgent? I'm assuming not since the status quo is you staying on, which is what you would prefer anyway?

And congrats on the new job!!!