ODK TSC Call - 2020-07-08

These calls bring together the Technical Steering Committee for the ODK suite (@TSC) to discuss roadmaps, working groups, and other issues of technical governance. Everyone is welcome to come to these calls, but only TSC members may talk.

The calls are held every two weeks in our UberConference room. We put the agenda, audio, and transcript of every call in this document.

Our next call will be Wed, July 8th. The meeting time should be shown in your timezone above.

The agenda is tentatively as follows:

• Discussion about proposed Geo roadmap, feasibility, desirability, fundability, etc.

The agenda can also be seen in the agenda document

If there are topics you would like to add to the TSC's agenda, please comment below. :point_down:

Sorry for being so late with this! :fearful:

Please all read the Geo roadmap document before this meeting.

@danbjoseph would you like to facilitate the discussion on the Geo roadmap?

1 Like

I will have governance updates.

1 Like

Sure. It would be helpful if people can look over the document in advance.

Also, if people want to review and feedback on this:
https://forum.getodk.org/t/company-using-odk-name-and-brand-extensively-when-offering-services/26574/3

@tomsmyth, great. Would you like us to vote on anything as well?

@danbjoseph, thanks. I've added it to the agenda with the direct link to the Google Doc as well. Let's see if we have enough time, otherwise we could it bump it to the next meeting.

Yes I would hope we can finalize the governance stuff this meeting once and for all.

Heya dear TSC! Great to see the geo roadmap possibly discussed. I'll aim to react to some of the related threads before then in case some of that context could be helpful.

I also want to let you all know that ODK Central v0.9 is currently getting a few changes post-Quality Assurance and should go out by early next week. This is the release that integrates Enketo for form previews.

We (mostly @issa and @Matthew_White) are working hard to do a quick turnaround on v1.0 which will include Enketo form filling. If this interests you, please see the Central v1.0 release criteria. The high-level overview is that there are two paths to making submissions with Enketo. One is integrated in the Central experience: a Central Web user who can list forms will see a button to make a submission and that will leverage Enketo. Those Enketo links will only be available to users who are logged into Central. If you go to such an Enketo link and are not logged into Central, you will be redirected to Central to log in and then redirected back to Enketo. The other path involves creating one or more public Enketo links for a form. There will be a special tab for creating and managing these links.

It sounds like you have a pretty packed agenda already but perhaps you'll want to quickly discuss or perhaps just identify if anything is controversial. As always, feel free to comment on the criteria doc.

1 Like

@adam.butler raised an issue about his role on the TSC going forward. It's not urgent, but I don't want to forget it either! I've added it to the action items for this meeting so it can be discussed in the next meeting.

1 Like

FYI I may or may not make it tomorrow morning (I've been laid up in bed most of the week with a tummy bug, which makes being vertical by 5am especially hard).