Open form with barcode

We are doing a survery in time. With about 500 locations where we will collect data on sequential days. Each location will have a barcode and would like to use that to open the form for that location. So in the end we will have 500 different csv files with the info for each site. Is this possible?

I did a search on barcodes... and no one seems to use it in this contex. Id rather not learn how to use the whole form making if it cant be done.

Your help is most appreciated.

thanks

This is actually a good approach. You can link the barcode (qrcode is better I would say) with a preloaded database of locations. Then, at the beginning of the form you can ask them to scan the code and use "relevant" to get into the expected location.

I attach a few screenshots for you to have a sense about how to do it.

Trung.

··· On Friday, June 17, 2016 at 12:25:00 AM UTC+7, maritza...@ars.usda.gov wrote: > We are doing a survery in time. With about 500 locations where we will collect data on sequential days. Each location will have a barcode and would like to use that to open the form for that location. So in the end we will have 500 different csv files with the info for each site. Is this possible? > > I did a search on barcodes... and no one seems to use it in this contex. Id rather not learn how to use the whole form making if it cant be done. > > Your help is most appreciated. > > thanks