Pasting external results into ODK Collect text fields?

I'm conducting surveys with odk collect on Android where I need my
surveyors to run some external testing tools, and then to input the results
into text fields within odk collect.

I was surprised to see today that the usual long-press to bring up the
copy/paste menu just gives me an "edit prompt / remove response" pop up,
instead of letting me copy /paste.

Is there any workaround for this? It seems error prone for me to ask the
surveyors to type out the results already shown on the screen by the
external test tool....

Thanks!

Not that I am aware of; it would require changing the Java code.

··· On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 11:29 AM, Andris Bjornson wrote:

I'm conducting surveys with odk collect on Android where I need my
surveyors to run some external testing tools, and then to input the results
into text fields within odk collect.

I was surprised to see today that the usual long-press to bring up the
copy/paste menu just gives me an "edit prompt / remove response" pop up,
instead of letting me copy /paste.

Is there any workaround for this? It seems error prone for me to ask the
surveyors to type out the results already shown on the screen by the
external test tool....

Thanks!

--

Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com
Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"ODK Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitchellsundt@gmail.com

Thanks for the response - Oh that's too bad...this one caught me by
surprise. I guess I kind of took copy/paste for granted.

Thanks again,

Andris

Andris,

If this is something you'd like to see fixed, file a feature request
at https://github.com/opendatakit/opendatakit/issues. Maybe someone
will contribute code...

Yaw

··· -- Need ODK consultants? Nafundi provides form design, server setup, in-field training, and software development for ODK. Go to https://nafundi.com to get started.

On Sat, Dec 12, 2015 at 6:28 AM, Andris Bjornson andris@volobroadband.com wrote:

Thanks for the response - Oh that's too bad...this one caught me by
surprise. I guess I kind of took copy/paste for granted.

Thanks again,

Andris

--

Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com
Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"ODK Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

I ran into the same issue when I wanted to record a location using Google Maps, and paste the link in a text field.

I went ahead and feature request:

https://github.com/opendatakit/opendatakit/issues/1194

··· On Monday, December 14, 2015 at 10:50:05 AM UTC+5:30, Yaw Anokwa wrote: > Andris, > > If this is something you'd like to see fixed, file a feature request > at https://github.com/opendatakit/opendatakit/issues. Maybe someone > will contribute code... > > Yaw > -- > Need ODK consultants? Nafundi provides form design, server setup, > in-field training, and software development for ODK. Go to > https://nafundi.com to get started. > > On Sat, Dec 12, 2015 at 6:28 AM, Andris Bjornson wrote: > > Thanks for the response - Oh that's too bad...this one caught me by > > surprise. I guess I kind of took copy/paste for granted. > > > > Thanks again, > > > > Andris > > > > -- > > -- > > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > > > --- > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > > "ODK Community" group. > > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > > email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. > > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.