Populate choice list from external csv and using media image in choice list

1. What is the issue? Please be detailed.
I am able to populate choice list as a text from external csv.
Now instead of text in choice list I would like to show images instead of text.
any idea?

List of choice is fixed to 9 but limited choice list I would like to show based on output of the search feature in appearance OR select_one_from_file which allows to set value and label parameter and criteria.

How and where I can set the images reference for my selected choices?

2. What steps can we take to reproduce this issue?

3. What have you tried to fix the issue?

4. Upload any test forms or screenshots below.

Do you need to use an external csv, or can you use the choices sheet?

yes, its external csv.
the problem solved, I just referred column names carrying names of image media in choice sheet of xlsform. Similar to label in different language.
reference is below,

"In your choices worksheet row, you may also include a .csv column name in the image column. If you do, the image filename to use will be pulled from the specified .csv column.
Note:
If you refer to image files in this way, you must always upload those image files as media file attachments when you upload your form to the server."

1 Like

how were you able to upload the images to central?

In Central you need to create a dummy choice list with reference of image names in media::image column
I am using custom central so I push images directly to the phone.

1 Like

Hi. We also setup our own Central server. But it takes a long time to upload the attachments to the server. I tried directly connecting the tablet to the computer to manually load the images to the media folder but I am always unable to complete the transfer. It always stops halfway through the transfer.