1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
My team uses CSV files extensively to power our selection fields. These files are created from answers of previous forms. Sometimes, users put in funny text, such as "hello_world_friend". When rendered as a selection, ODK Collect renders the underscores as markdown, which is somewhat confusing if you are expecting to see underscores. We would like a way to tell ODK not to render the underscores as markdown.
2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
ODK Collect v1.22.4
3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
N/A. We could manually write a parser to slip slashes in front of every markdown symbol but ... that seems like a lot of work to simply turn of a behavior and would probably be buggy.
4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
Create a CSV file with any markdown in it, and load it into a search() expression.
5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.