Problem parsing the package

I am trying to install latest ODK Collect (2022.1.1) apk from sd card, the installer is giving "there is a problem parsing the package"

Device is Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 SM-T231. Custom Android 9 (Pixelized-OS-v2.9-20180816-SM-T231).

All the possible reasons are checked: unknown sources, file is fine. Only thing is, I don't know what version requirements are for 2022.1.1 (I want ODK collect version, that works with ODK Central 1.3.3 - Managed qr codes, etc..)

it installs 1.25 version from play store without problem (no later version visible on the store)

This tab was running android 4.4.2 by default. I thought 9 version of android will be sufficient, to install latest ODK collect, but apparently it isn't?

getting the new device is not an option, our organization has tens of these tabs, using for surveys on the field. It would not acquire new devices soon.

What can I do?

Thanks

The latest version of Collect that runs on Android 4.4.2 is v1.25. Collect v1.26 and later require Android 5.0.

We do our best to support old OSes, but it's been 8 years since Android 4 was released.