Problem using repeat_count in nested repeats

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
I have a large form but I will use as an example a similar section where the error appears. I use two nested repeat, when I fill in the repeat_count column for the second repeat an error occurs when I try to upload the form to Aggregate.
2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
I am using AppEngine and XLSForm Online converter
3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
I hardcode the repeat_count value and the problem persists
4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
Try to upload the XML file to Aggregate
5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.
repeatTest.xlsx (11.6 KB)

Error:

specify end repeat name will solve your problem
Try this onerepeatTest.xlsx (11.7 KB)

Thank you for your reply. I was still getting same error after try your solution.

I have updated Aggregate version and that solved the error. I would like to know what causes the error in previous versions.

you have not specify end repeat name which repeat start first and which one next that was the problem

To understand this, I tried to run the 2 files on my side and I got the same error message. I usually upload my form on the aggregate platform. How do I update the version for that. Also on the same note, I have a questionnaire I am making where a classroom is to have different teams. Each classroom will have a different list of teams. Is there a way that the teacher can select multiple teams and then the repeat loop can reflect for only those teams?

That was not the problem. I try your solution and I was getting the same message.

1 Like

@Prasanna_Sundaram

How do I update the version for that

If you are using AppEngine, download Aggregate v1.7 and follow the same steps to create the platform by skipping the part to create the project in Google Cloud.

Is there a way that the teacher can select multiple teams and then the repeat loop can reflect for only those teams?

Yes, you can. You need use count-selected in repeat_count colum and jr:choice-name to show each team name. I attach an example file. repeat_Fruits.xlsx (11.8 KB)

1 Like

Thank you. Clearly I have MUCH to learn.

"If you are using AppEngine, download Aggregate v1.7 and follow the same steps to create the platform by skipping the part to create the project in Google Cloud."

I use the online site to upload it. I have to download the aggregate after I figure out what that does :slight_smile:

The sample sheet you have sent me is excellent, I could easily work with it. Could you kindly explain the calculations so I could apply it on my end

selected-at(${fruits}, position(..)-1) - What does this function do?

jr:choice-name(${pFruit}, '${fruits}') - What does "jr:" do? What does this function do?

Each multiple choice selected is stored like ['banana', 'apple'...] so this function gets what is in first position at first loop and so on.

Choices pages are a key:value pair, this function gets value from key (above function selected-at) e.g. banana:Banana. We gets 'Banana'

Sorry for my english.

1 Like

inquilab-introduction-activity-form-3.xlsx (17.9 KB)

If you see from row 34, 35, I used the same codes as what you had given. Same with row 29 where teams can be selected However in my loops, Team A seems to populate everytime. Where am I going wrong with this

@Prasanna_Sundaram

Cut rows 34 and 35 and paste them as new 32 and 33 rows just after begin repeat.

Try this inquilab-introduction-activity-form-3.xlsx (18.0 KB)

2 Likes

Thanks so much!!! This works like Magic!!

2 Likes