Problem with constraint in ODK v.1.23.1

Hello!
Thank you for your great work.

What is the problem?
I have some strange problem with v. 1.23.1
If I use constraint for numbers input (e.g. ".>=18 and .<110") this constraint works even if I enter a valid value (e.g. "30") and I see restrict message.
But if return to the previous question, and then came back to number input - everything works well.

The similar problem with constraint in multi_choice questions. E.g. if I use for constraint construction like "not(selected(., 'do_not_know') and (count-selected(.)>1))". Some times its work correctly, sometimes not.
In case this works incorrect - a trick with returning to previous questions work too.

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.

ODK v.1.23.1

Tested on Android 7.1.2 on Redmi 4x
and Android 7.1.1 on Nokia TA-1029

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
Reupload the form to the phone.

4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
Use constraint in ODK v.1.23.1
5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.

@Andriy_Yaremenko Can you share your actual form (or a subset of it with this problem), without the form, it's hard to track down the problem.

I've attached my own test form that works with v1.23.1.
t21257.xlsx (9.7 KB)

I can reproduce with @yanokwa's form. The issue does not appear the first time a form is loaded. It only appears on subsequent launches.

I'm working on a fix.

1 Like

Thanks very much for the quick report of this issue. Collect v1.23.2 has been released. Please verify that it fixes your form.

Please consider joining the beta program as described in this post and helping us identify and fix problems before they get released.

3 Likes

Thanks @LN, the new version seems to have fixed the issue.

3 Likes

@LN @yanokwa thank for the quick response.
Yes, as for now everything works correctly!

1 Like

Thanks @Dan @yanokwa @LN @Andriy_Yaremenko,

This version of Collect is now ready for field use? Hoping to upgrade to about 50 field devices.

Paul

Hi @paul_macharia we haven't experienced any more issues with the latest version v.1.23.2. I believe it is now stable

1 Like

I'm on Collect 1.23.3.
Any form I try to use, constraints are not checked and required fields as well.

Using Samsung TAB SM-T230 Andrid Version 4.4.2.

Constraints work on 1.23.2

Weird behaviour happened upgrading the version of collect.
Uninstalling the old version and installing the new version all works fine