Problem with Date

Dear members, greetings!
i have a form with calculation column have {now()} formula, it take the date of opening the form, now for example, i collected data on 5/Oct/2017, it take this date, then the form need to edit (for example, i entered wrong number of students) it was edited on 12/Oct/2017, and submitted to database on 13/Oct/2017, now when i go to database, site visit date is 13/Oct/2017, so it is a problem for me, i should know the read date of visit of any site, mean, the from should submit the first data (5/Oct/2017) which was real visit date, so,
is there any way to receive to database the real site visit date?

One more question that I would like to ask is if suppose one person edit that form 5 times suppose on 05/Oct, 06/Oct,07/Oct,08/Oct,09/Oct.
You want the date of each updation or you to want the date of particular first or recent update?

Like I tried and I am able to get first forms first date with start type in survey sheet.
I am also attaching results.
First_form_results (3).csv (1.2 KB)

In these types of things what I usually do is I take 2 dates I i will take system date and second, i will ask on ODK screen for current date and time, in this case, i always know what was the default date of system and I do calculation with the second date which has been entered while they were filling form. You can see that in my form.

Narendra

1 Like

thank you dear for your comment, first of all i am not using the form with ODK project, my form is integrated to google sheet, then, we have a monitoring project, field worker go to a site, filling the form in the mobile for exmaple on (5/10/2017), internet is not available there to directly send the form, then after one or tow days, he review his answers, and see that there is wrong values, then he edit it, finally after 4 day (on 9/10/2017), he go to the area where internet is accessible he submit the form, now
i want the real site visit data (5/10/2017) in my (date column) of database, but when he send the data, it send submission (9/10/2017) date to (date column), no the date of submission, and no the date of edit..
ffffff

If you want to date and time when they opened form at the first time. I believe that you can capture that by using start type in ODK and I don't know about google sheet.
You can do one more thing if they have internet connection in the remote area you can cross check their location by google timeline.

1 Like

there is no difference between google sheet and ODK platform, they are the same for this form, the difference is only integrating odk collect to google sheet in stead of odk platform, the main issue is in type of question, i am using calculate type and in calculation column { now()} function, it take the submission date, and i am new user, still have not familiarity with all types of question. and if you clear (start) type of question, i will know what to do.

start type of question will capture first time while form has been generated in smartphone.You can find out below excel sheet with all datatypes which are present in ODK.
sample_xlsform.xls (30 KB)

Narendra

1 Like

ok, thank you so much brother

1 Like