Problem with XLSform online download

Dear Members!
when I convert my form by xlsform online, it give message that the form is correct and converted, and give me 2 options, 1st (preview with endeto) and 2nd (download) when I preview it, it is completely correct, but when I press download button it give me my all all columns as a text, file is not downloading.
attachment is my output after pressing download

thanks in advance for your help.

Hi,

If your form converted successfully, and since you have managed to open it with Enketo, it shouldn't have any issue. I would suggest, try a different converter you will find from this page and download Nafundi's XLSForm Offline tool. You may try by changing your web browser too. Try to use Google chrome if you are using a different browser.

Thanks,
Imran

2 Likes

Thank you Dear bro.
how can I download nafundi's XLSForm, when I go there it give me (this item is not available in your location) message, so I can't do any thing there, I don't how to deal with this app.

Hi,

Where are you based in? I never experienced any difficulties in downloading the offline converter and I have tried to download from different regions.

@yanokwa is there any restriction of downloading Nufundi offline converter?

Adil could you please write in details about the issues you are experiencing during the coversion process. Have you tried to use online converter from a different browser?

More information you will provide, it will be easier to identify the issue.

Thanks,
Imran

Thank you so much Dear Imran for your useful advice, today i changed my
browser to chrome, and i could do it, it was converted, but still i can not
download Nafundi, it give me (sorry! this item is not available in your
location).
i am compeletely new with ODK, still i could create engine, install
aggregate, and design form in excel, so i need a helper and instructor, if
you use, skype or facebook, please let me have you as a friend there.
thank you so much once again

1 Like

Hi Adil,

ODK community is dedicated to support new users of ODK. Please feel free to post any issue and we will try to resolve it here so that others can learn from the discussion. Please feel free to ask as many questions you have.

Thanks,
Imran

1 Like

Thank you so much Bro.
that is great, i will continue

1 Like

I think Gumroad, the service that Nafundi uses to host the XLSForm Offline app, sometimes restricts downloads from some countries (usually in Middle East, South East Asia).

I've emailed Adil direct links that should work. If others have problems downloading, just let me know!

1 Like

@Mansour The screen capture you shared is actually ok! When you converted the form, you received an XML document. When you open it with a web browser or other application, it looks strange but it will work once sent to ODK Collect. You can do that by uploading the XML file to your Aggregate (or Aggregate-compatible server) and then configuring Collect to pull forms from that server.

Since you have the online converter working, you don't necessarily need the offline converter that @A.N.M_AL-IMRAN and @yanokwa are talking about. It will also produce the same kind of XML file.

1 Like

ok, thank you Martin, but some time we need offline converter, especially
in afghanistan, some time we have not access to internet, and we are
working for something (questionaire development) so, it would be better if
we have offline converter.

That makes sense! Hopefully the link @yanokwa provided will work for you, please let us know if it does or doesn't.

Don't be surprised, you'll get the same strange file with all the questions running together that you shared in your screenshot. Again, this is normal and your form is ready for use!

1 Like

but still it is not downloaded, i am trying to download, but it stops
working after 20-40% downloading, probably it will be internet problem, i
am will continue, and will share my experience with you.
thanks

Thanks so much friends, finally i could do it, this link was the best, it
was download.

1 Like