Problems manually pushing to instance folder after migration

Transferring xml forms from broken tablets to new tablets for enumerators to edit and submit data is not working with the new storage location. I have being struggling for days now. I am able to transfer files and folders from the instance folder but it is not readable on the new tablet. Before scooped storage, this worked seamlessly. Please help

If you would like some help, please answer all the questions from the support template. In particular, what Android version are you using? What documentation did you read? What did you try? What behavior did you observe?

1 Like

It worked. Thank you

1 Like

How did you solve the problem? A detailed description and solution would help other ODK users in this forum experiencing the same issue.

2 Likes

Sure. The process is almost the same just like before the migration. First step, make sure the receiving tablet has the same odk collect version as the broken tablet. Second step, if the broken tablet is using scooped storage, the receiving tablet should also use scooped storage. Now, using bluetooth or wifi-direct you can manually transfer the xml files from the instance folder from the broken tablet to the new tablet. In my case, after the transfer, odk collect could only show the number of forms available in "Edit Saved Forms" but I couldn't edit or finalize the forms for submission. The problem was, I had 2 blank forms with different versions on the receiving tablet. After deleting the older version, I was able to edit all the forms.

2 Likes

Thanks for the write up! This should be in the docs for future troubleshooting. So many pitfalls here :wink:

1 Like