Pull-data function

1. What is the issue? Please be detailed.

My goal is to pull already-collected data from an external file. I have an identifier field labelled idno that I am using to make reference to the external CSV file. I have successfully been able to design a form in such a way that the form (ODK Collect) is able to pull data after entering any ID that exists in the external file.

However, one main issue still exists. One, the form allows an enumerator to enter any ID that does not exist in the external file, hence allowing room for invalid IDs to be entered. Additionally, when an ID that does not exist in the external file is entered, the subsequent pull data is not captured.

Second, i would like form to allow us to display IDs that share some identical numbers upon entering the ID. For example, if I have idno 1105045 and 1105067 in the external file, upon entering the first 4 digits of ID which are shared across many idnos, i want the form to display those particular IDs so that the data collector can select the correct idno. It is just to make the process of entering the IDNO easier.

2. What steps can we take to reproduce this issue?
My idno data type in the xlsform is text, I have tried to make it select_one but still, this does not solve my problem

4. Upload any forms or screenshots you can share publicly below.
Test_Form.xlsx (19.0 KB)
testfile.csv (277 Bytes)

I changed the idno type from integer to select_one_from_file and also added a parameters column in the survey.
https://docs.getodk.org/form-question-types/#customizing-the-label-and-value
Test_Form.xlsx (10.3 KB)

Thank you very much, Mambre. This is so helpful