Pulldata() based on uniqueness of 2 or more fields

What is the problem? Please be detailed!
I have a preloaded .csv that groups fields by locations. In a single location, the unique identifier column is the plotID. When files from different locations are joined together, then the unique identifier will be the two columns, location and plotID.

Is there a way of using pulldata() function with multiple columns as unique identifier?

What ODK tool and version are you using? And on what device and operating system version?

• Collect v1.8.1
  • Android version 5.0

What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
I have created files for different locations. The problem is that there are many locations and this will result to creating fields for each location. Eventually the collect will be slow due to the many fields used

What you have you tried to fix the problem?

Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach here.

Use a concatenate function in a calculate field to merge the two columns and use that as a unique ID?
Or run two pulldata requests to narrow it down from location first, and then plotID?

1 Like

Hello Vanubhav and Megykaranja,

Megykaranja, did you find a solution to your problem?

I read over Vanubhav's response and am hoping for more details.

How exactly could a concatenate function in conjunction with pulldata allow for the ability to return results based on multiple conditions?

Also, how could 2 separate pulldata requests accomplish this? Is there a way to use pulldata on the result of another pulldata?

Thank you