Put a text in bold(large)

Within an xlsform, to put a label in bold(large), I’ve used : # label , but this does not work.
I’m using odkcollect 1.4.12.
In advance, thanks.

Hi,

The Nafundi blog has a good post about the styling options they introduced to allow customizing ODK forms with fonts, colors, sizes, and links. They mention:

ODK Collect 1.4.9's Markdown support

... so I would think your use of v1.4.12 version should be fine. Using v1.8.1, I had the form below and got the following results.

+------+-------+---------------+
| type | name  |     label     |
| text | test1 | #Lorem ipsum  |
| text | test2 | Lorem #ipsum  |
| text | test3 | # Lorem ipsum |
| text | test4 | Lorem # ipsum |

(left to right, screenshots showing questions test1 through test4)

All the best,
Dan

2 Likes

Hi, Dan.
Thanks for your reply.
it seems that this doesn't apply, neither for group's label, nor for hint's label; I'm realizing that I was trying to apply it for these kinds of label.
any idea about? did you try this?
Thanks again

There does seem to be a problem styling Hint text, at least. I've just tried using tags to style a Hint in a form according to the spec given in the Nafundi blog post, and this results in the Hint text not appearing at all. If I use the following Hint for an upload field of mediatype="image/*" ...

<text id="/data/photos/photo1:hint">
<value>You will be able to take up to three photos in this section - if you do not want to take any photos, just swipe on to the next item.</value></text>

..the Hint text appears as normal. But if I use:

<text id="/data/photos/photo1:hint">
<value><span style="color:red">You will be able to take up to three photos in this section - if you do not want to take any photos, just swipe on to the next item.</span></value></text>

...the Hint text doesn't appear at all.