QRealTime: A QGIS plug-in for ODK

Hi, firts of all it's a great work that you are doig here.

I have a question, it is possible to use QRealTime to work with KoboToolbox? I really try to get some data from kobotoolbox with QGIS 3 and it really don't do anything.

Any reply will be useful.

Hey,
Currently the published plugin version does not support koboToolbox, but I have created a branch of QRealTime project in github (Branch name : kobo)https://github.com/shivareddyiirs/QRealTime/tree/Kobo

You can try this and give your feedback.

Thank you, I will try and give you feedback

Hi.
It's great to use QRealTime.
I only have one problem:
when I create a questionnaire in QGIS and type in the possible answers (value map),
it's not possible to share the layer to anyone without loosing all the attributes (possible answers). Then the Geolocation is shown as result in QGIS but in every field it says NULL.
Any ideas why or any solutions?

Thank you!!

Hi
can you send sample shapefile so that I can reproduce the error.
Secondly, I can only support plugin in QGIS 3. In case you have not tried in QGIS 3, request you to try it .

Questionnaire_english_QGIS_090719.zip (2.0 KB)
That's the shapefile I created to run the survey with ODK and see the answers as attributes in the point layer.
Currently I am using QGIS 3.4.6.
The aim is, that you are able to see the different answers given in the attribute table...

Hi
Import is working fine I have created value map for two fields.
It would be helpful if you can send the the value map too

And here is the Problem! :smiley:
The value-map value is already filled out in my layer.
and when you open it, it misses. It's just saved im my single version. And when I want to share the layer the values disappear...
Any recommends, what I could try that the values are also shown after sharing the shapefile?

Now I understood your problem.
Shapefile does not store the information related to value map or the style.
If you want to share these information then you need to share the layer ( .lyr file) alongwith your shapefile.
Loading the layer would do the trick

1 Like

Thank you very much!
Now it's working :slight_smile:

1 Like

@shiva_Reddy .
Another Question came up.
I used QRealTime with the sandbox aggregate server and it worked.
Now I try to connect it to the project's aggregate server, but it doesn't work out...
QRealTime plugin : Form is not sent is the only message which is shown (no additional information or hints about the failure cause).
We can't figure out a way to see the stacktrace so we can find the problem ourself.

Thanks for an answer.

I am sorry I am replying so late here.
You can goto panels and enable log messages .
There under QRealTime tab all messges are printed.

Hey,
Recent experimental release of QRealTime plugin is now available in Spanish too.
Looking for feedback from Spanish speaking people .
This would help in porting to stable release of the plugin.

cheers

1 Like

I have just been having problems installing QRealTime on QGis 3.6 on Ubuntu Linux 18:04. The install worked OK with QGis 2.18 on Win 10 and same linux install.

The issue I was having, after downloading the plugin via QGis plugin manager:

Couldn't load plugin 'QRealTime' due to an error when calling its classFactory() method 

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'unicodecsv' 
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/qgis/utils.py", line 335, in startPlugin
plugins[packageName] = package.classFactory(iface)
  File "/home/colin/.local/share/QGIS/QGIS3/profiles/default/python/plugins/QRealTime/__init__.py", line 34, in classFactory
from .QRealTime import QRealTime
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/qgis/utils.py", line 686, in _import
mod = _builtin_import(name, globals, locals, fromlist, level)
  File "/home/colin/.local/share/QGIS/QGIS3/profiles/default/python/plugins/QRealTime/QRealTime.py", line 44, in 
from pyxform.builder import create_survey_element_from_dict

It looks like the module 'unicodecsv' is not installed, so I installed it and another dependency using the following commands:

$ sudo apt-get install python3-unicodecsv

and then

$ sudo apt-get install python3-xlrd

Following a restart of QGis 3, all seems to be working as expected :slight_smile:
Wanted to share this as it took me, as a python noob, several hours to figure this out!

-C

Hey,
Thank you very much. In recent version, I have included pyxform library in plugin itself.

I think I have to provide these lib too.

Earlier I used to call system command via pip3 to install the packages.

Thanks for your valuable suggestion.

I would fix it soon. Once again thank you very much

Hey,
This issue is resolved.
Please comment on https://github.com/shivareddyiirs/QRealTime/issues/34

So following are latest versions without this bug:

• stable: 3.8.0 (3.8.1 deleted): if in 3.8.1 downgrade to 3.8
  • Experimental: 3.9.7

I would request to enable experimental plugin and test its functionality. It has many new features and bug fixes. I am waiting for user feedback before porting it into stable release.

1 Like

Hi all,

I am trying to line out a procedure to develop forms in QGIS with the QRealTime plugin, and link them to an Aggregate VM server using VirtualBox. Is this also supposed to work?

I use QGis since all data is very geographical. I use Aggregate VM since I operate from an internet limited environment.

Thanks!

Sure it would work.
Nevertheless if you encounter any issue or need support you are most welcome.

2 Likes

That's great shiva_Reddy! I have some experience with using Google drive as ODK server, instead of aggregate. Does the plug-in also work when using the Google drive link? I tried but this does not seem to work?

Cheers,
Ruben

Hey,
It does not support google drive.

But it support kobotoolbox( in experimental version)

1 Like