Recall the previously collected data for same volunteer at the time of followup visit

1. What is the issue? Please be detailed.
We have been doing a follow-up study, the volunteer will be followed up every year, in this context the same subject will come for the assessment every year and the same questionnaire will be asked, is there a way the partial information can be recalled from the previously collected information and auto fetched to the fields here and other required questions only asked and filled up.

The xlsform developed and uploaded on ODKAggregate server and being accessed and data collected on the Android device.

Kindly suggest.

2. What steps can we take to reproduce this issue?

3. What have you tried to fix the issue?
Could not find any way to recall the previous entered data later since the forms are working in static.

4. Upload any test forms or screenshots below.

See https://docs.getodk.org/data-collector-workflows/#using-data-from-previous-encounters for examples on how to do this.

Central, the replacement for Aggregate, will have automated support for this kind of workflow in a few months.

I must appreciate the timely response that I'm getting in this community forum irrespective of whether that solves my problem or not. Thanks @yanokwa and team.
Yes we are expecting automated workflow on this and there are dynamic changes required on the questionnaire forms in sometime (this happens with Redcap). Experimented some similar tools.
There are such requirements and required support for our long duration projects.
We would like to engage with your team to discuss in detail about our requirements and help us to move forward and lead our projects smooth, secure and user friendly.

Thanks,
Karthik

1 Like

Hi,

It will be helpful if you connect me with the technical team to discuss and understand better.

Please tell, where the questionnaire XML is residing (location) on the ODKAggregate server which was uploaded for the data collection.? and whether I will be able to access/edit the existing .XML form?