after recording sound there's no way to give the OK and have ODK catch
the url (I'm being reported this by the end user but i don't have the
samsung to try directly).

Is there a way I can install Android's original unmodified Voice
Recorder on it? Where can I find it? Or can anybody suggest me another
voice recorder that follows the intent standard? If I understand
correctly, if I install any recorder that follows the standard, I will
be able to choose it when recording sound; but I've tried a bunch of
"Voice Recorder" applications and none of them does the trick.

Thanks
m.

Perhaps, someone may suggest me an existing open source Sound Recorder
app of which I could "easily" download the sourcecode and modify it so
that it becomes "available" as an intent?

Because I guess that it would be pretty difficult (for a complete
novice) to take the code of the default audio recorder that comes
bundled with android, and make a "standalone" app out of it, or wouldn't it?

··· On 09/29/2011 12:11 AM, Matteo Sisti Sette wrote: > Hi, > > Has anybody been able to use ODK Collect on a Samsung Galaxy i9000 and > record sound succesfully? > > Apparently, it has a Samsung-modified version of Voice Recorder, and > after recording sound there's no way to give the OK and have ODK catch > the url (I'm being reported this by the end user but i don't have the > samsung to try directly). > > Is there a way I can install Android's original unmodified Voice > Recorder on it? Where can I find it? Or can anybody suggest me another > voice recorder that follows the intent standard? If I understand > correctly, if I install any recorder that follows the standard, I will > be able to choose it when recording sound; but I've tried a bunch of > "Voice Recorder" applications and none of them does the trick. > > Thanks > m.

I have tried it on an I9000, and get the same results with their voice
recorder. I cannot "choose" the sound that I just recorded with the
microphone. If I "choose Sound", the Samsung shows me all the apps that
could potentially choose an audio file (Music player, voice recorder, etc.)
and if I choose voice recorder (having just recorded my voice from the form
question item "record sound", I get "message size limit reached" without
even having the possibility to choose the recording I just made with the
microphone.
Curtis

··· On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 12:11 AM, Matteo Sisti Sette < matteosistisette@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

Has anybody been able to use ODK Collect on a Samsung Galaxy i9000 and
record sound succesfully?

Apparently, it has a Samsung-modified version of Voice Recorder, and after
recording sound there's no way to give the OK and have ODK catch the url
(I'm being reported this by the end user but i don't have the samsung to try
directly).

Is there a way I can install Android's original unmodified Voice Recorder
on it? Where can I find it? Or can anybody suggest me another voice recorder
that follows the intent standard? If I understand correctly, if I install
any recorder that follows the standard, I will be able to choose it when
recording sound; but I've tried a bunch of "Voice Recorder" applications and
none of them does the trick.

Thanks
m.

--
Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@**googlegroups.comopendatakit%2Bunsubscribe@googlegroups.com
Options: http://groups.google.com/**group/opendatakit?hl=enhttp://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

--

Curtis BRODERICK
Responsable des supports clients
Tél : + 33(0)1.53.02.40.61

---------------------------EpiConcept---------------------------
Systèmes d'Information en Santé
Health Information System
47, rue de Charenton - 75012 PARIS
Tel : +33 (0)1 53 02 40 60 Fax : +33 (0)1 53 02 40 62
-----------------------www.epiconcept.fr------------------------

Ce message et toutes les pièces jointes sont établis à l'intention
exclusive de ses destinataires et sont confidentiels.
Si vous recevez ce message par erreur, merci de le détruire et d'en
avertir l'expéditeur.

The information contained in the Email and any attachments is
confidential and intended solely and for the attention and use of the
named address(es). It may not be disclosed to any other person without
the express authority of EpiConcept, or the intended recipient, or
both.
If you are not the intended recipient, you must not disclose, copy,
distribute or retain this message or any part of it.

hi matteo,

i haven't tried any of the following, but they should work.

1. download https://market.android.com/details?id=com.pete.recorder.
    it's the stock recorder built from source.
  2. pull the default apk from a stock (but rooted) android phone that
    has it installed. should be in /data/app/
  3. build from source at http://source.android.com. search for
    com.android.soundrecorder.

if you have more questions, the folks on http://forum.cyanogenmod.com
or http://forum.xda-developers.com or http://www.peteralfonso.com will
definitely know how to do what you are asking.

yaw

··· On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 02:49, Matteo Sisti Sette wrote: > Perhaps, someone may suggest me an existing open source Sound Recorder app > of which I could "easily" download the sourcecode and modify it so that it > becomes "available" as an intent? > > Because I guess that it would be pretty difficult (for a complete novice) to > take the code of the default audio recorder that comes bundled with android, > and make a "standalone" app out of it, or wouldn't it? > > > On 09/29/2011 12:11 AM, Matteo Sisti Sette wrote: >> >> Hi, >> >> Has anybody been able to use ODK Collect on a Samsung Galaxy i9000 and >> record sound succesfully? >> >> Apparently, it has a Samsung-modified version of Voice Recorder, and >> after recording sound there's no way to give the OK and have ODK catch >> the url (I'm being reported this by the end user but i don't have the >> samsung to try directly). >> >> Is there a way I can install Android's original unmodified Voice >> Recorder on it? Where can I find it? Or can anybody suggest me another >> voice recorder that follows the intent standard? If I understand >> correctly, if I install any recorder that follows the standard, I will >> be able to choose it when recording sound; but I've tried a bunch of >> "Voice Recorder" applications and none of them does the trick. >> >> Thanks >> m. > > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >

when you "record sound" at the prompt, you should use the voice
recorder to capture the sound. after you record, it goes into your
music library and that's where we pull it from. after your recording
is successful, you do not have to "choose sound" -- it's automatically
chosen after you finish recording.

if you want to choose a previously recorded sound (or audio snippet),
that's what "choose sound" is for. when that dialog pops up, you
should select the music player and you can then select which ever
audio file you want to attach to the prompt.

hope that's clear.

··· On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 00:48, curtis wrote: > I have tried it on an I9000, and get the same results with their voice > recorder. I cannot "choose" the sound that I just recorded with the > microphone. If I "choose Sound", the Samsung shows me all the apps that > could potentially choose an audio file (Music player, voice recorder, etc.) > and if I choose voice recorder (having just recorded my voice from the form > question item "record sound", I get "message size limit reached" without > even having the possibility to choose the recording I just made with the > microphone. > Curtis > > On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 12:11 AM, Matteo Sisti Sette wrote: >> >> Hi, >> >> Has anybody been able to use ODK Collect on a Samsung Galaxy i9000 and >> record sound succesfully? >> >> Apparently, it has a Samsung-modified version of Voice Recorder, and after >> recording sound there's no way to give the OK and have ODK catch the url >> (I'm being reported this by the end user but i don't have the samsung to try >> directly). >> >> Is there a way I can install Android's original unmodified Voice Recorder >> on it? Where can I find it? Or can anybody suggest me another voice recorder >> that follows the intent standard? If I understand correctly, if I install >> any recorder that follows the standard, I will be able to choose it when >> recording sound; but I've tried a bunch of "Voice Recorder" applications and >> none of them does the trick. >> >> Thanks >> m. >> >> -- >> Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com >> Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com >> Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > > > -- > > Curtis BRODERICK > Responsable des supports clients > > Tél : + 33(0)1.53.02.40.61 > > ---------------------------EpiConcept--------------------------- > Systèmes d'Information en Santé > Health Information System > 47, rue de Charenton - 75012 PARIS > > Tel : +33 (0)1 53 02 40 60 Fax : +33 (0)1 53 02 40 62 > -----------------------www.epiconcept.fr------------------------ > > Ce message et toutes les pièces jointes sont établis à l'intention exclusive > de ses destinataires et sont confidentiels. > > Si vous recevez ce message par erreur, merci de le détruire et d'en avertir > l'expéditeur. > > The information contained in the Email and any attachments is confidential > and intended solely and for the attention and use of the > > named address(es). It may not be disclosed to any other person without the > express authority of EpiConcept, or the intended recipient, or both. > If you are not the intended recipient, you must not disclose, copy, > distribute or retain this message or any part of it. > > > > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >

Yes but that doesn't happen on the Samsung i9000. Nothing happens when
you finish recording. I guess that's why Curtis tried with "choose sound".

I attach an app that is the Sound Recorder rebuilt from Android's source
code. I've changed the name of the package from
com.android.soundrecorder to com.matteosistisette.soundrecorder prior to
compiling in order to avoid any (possible?) conflicts. This is because I
previously tried other apps that were supposedly the very same thing
(SoundRecorder built from Android source) and didn't work for me (but it
may have been for some other reason).

Just in case it may work for Curtis too; I guess this is by no means the
best solution but it did the trick for me.
Since I got help from this list to get my problem solved and you appear
to have the same issue, I though't i'd share what fixed it for me

cheers
m.

SoundRecorder.apk (144 KB)

··· On 09/30/2011 07:24 PM, Yaw Anokwa wrote: > when you "record sound" at the prompt, you should use the voice > recorder to capture the sound. > after you record, it goes into your > music library and that's where we pull it from. after your recording > is successful, you do not have to "choose sound" -- it's automatically > chosen after you finish recording.