Retrieving saved forms in ODK collect from old versions

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
I replaced a form in the server with a newer version. After our data collectors updated their forms in the ODK collect, they can no longer access or edit the saved forms from the previous versions. Is there any way we can retrieve these saved forms on their ODK collect?

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.

I am using ONA server, while those using the ODK collect, have Huawei tablet, Android 10

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?

I tried replacing the form with the previous version they are using before, but they still can't access the saved forms.

4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?

Steps on how can we can access or retrieve the saved data in the saved forms.

5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.

This is what were shown when opening the tablet, " You have downloaded two different forms with the same form ID and version. Maybe they were the same form uploaded at different times or to different servers. In any case, you should delete one."

Hi @Jsamaniego

I replaced a form in the server with a newer version

Could you tell us more about changes you added? Did you also update form version?

1 Like

Hi! I added additional indicators and questions in the form. I did not update the form version nor the form id and form title.

If you implement changes in a form that you already downloaded you should bump it's version to avoid conflicts like that. To solve your problem navigate to Settings -> Form management and unselect Hide old form versions. Then click Delete Saved Form from the main menu, go to Blank Forms page and you should see both versions you downloaded. If you delete the older one everything should be fine.