-andreas

maybe. did you follow the instructions at
http://code.google.com/p/opendatakit/wiki/ODKCollect -- especially the
part about creating an sdcard?

assuming you did that, you might want to collect debug information
from the emulator. from your command line, you can run 'adb logcat'
and get a trace of what the app is doing. paste it to dpaste.com and
send out a link.

··· On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 05:40, Andreas Terzis wrote: > Hi everyone, > > I tried running ODK collect inside the emulator (using Android 2.2 as > the target) and the application crashes on startup with the message > "The application ODK Collect (process org.odk.collect.android) has > stopped unexpectedly". > > Is there something I am doing wrong? > > thanks! > > -andreas >

Yaw,

I did not notice the link with instructions about running in the
emulator (blush!) After creating the sdcard, it runs like a charm...

thanks a bunch!

-andreas

··· On Jul 1, 5:00 pm, Yaw Anokwa wrote: > maybe. did you follow the instructions athttp://code.google.com/p/opendatakit/wiki/ODKCollect-- especially the > part about creating an sdcard? > > assuming you did that, you might want to collect debug information > from the emulator. from your command line, you can run 'adb logcat' > and get a trace of what the app is doing. paste it to dpaste.com and > send out a link. > > > > On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 05:40, Andreas Terzis wrote: > > Hi everyone, > > > I tried running ODK collect inside the emulator (using Android 2.2 as > > the target) and the application crashes on startup with the message > > "The application ODK Collect (process org.odk.collect.android) has > > stopped unexpectedly". > > > Is there something I am doing wrong? > > > thanks! > > > -andreas