Salesforce Integration

I was talking to a consultant today that said his client is trying to build something in house instead of using ODK since ODK lacked a SalesForce Integration. Is this something a lot of our users face?

What is the general goal of the feature?
Transfer of basic data between salesforce and ODK

What are some example use cases for this feature?
An organization using ODK for a survey in the field uses salesforce at a regional office for reporting to its main office in another country. This feature would allow the organization to skip entry from ODK into Salesforce (currently manual or an expensive custom automated process).

What can you contribute to making this feature a reality?
Code :slight_smile:

I currently work on pyxforms so there would be significant overhead in transitioning over and getting used to whatever piece of the ecosystem we want to plug this integration into, but I would be thrilled at the opportunity. I could probably NOT do it alone.

ODK Aggregate has options for both publishing data as well as an API. The newer ODK Central has a clean and modern REST API for integration and extensibility. I think business analytic tools like Tableau and Klipfolio can ingest custom API endpoints, does Salesforce offer the same?

1 Like

That would be the right question to ask, I'm not sure I jsut get asked abotu SF alot when I bring up ODK. If SF can ingest custom exports/eps then maybe this is just a quick guide for orgs that are SF based.