Select multiple from list of household member names provided in previous question

Hello,

I am quite new to ODK and would like some support with an issue I am currently facing.

I want to add a multiple choice question in my xlsform where the respondent can select multiple names of the household members outlined in the question before. More specifically, my previous question asks for the household's members names (see attached file for format of the question). The next question asks who from the household is being interviewed. For this question, I want to allow the respondent to select multiple option from the list of household members names provided in the previous question.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

OlimpiaODK.xlsx (9.7 KB)

Hi @Olimpia
You don't know how many member you will have in a household right? So you need to collect them in repeat group?

Hi @Grzesiek2010, Thank you for your reply!

I am allowing a maximum of 15 members. That's not why I am not collecting them in repeat group but I am not sure that is correct. What do you think?

I think using repeat group and then turning collected values into select_multiple question would be a solution. It's not trivial but there is a post that shows how to achieve it Generate multiple choice alternatives, based on the answers in a repeat - #4 by LN

1 Like