Select multiple with one further question on each

Hi All,

The user chooses multiple options from the list, and has to answer one further question for each selected option, for example a percentage choice. Is there an example excel file on how to do this? I have tried a couple of attempts (see image attached) but failed on this using 'begin_repeat' on the 'percentage' question when survey is transferred to android!

select_multiple|364x499 .

Any help would be appreciated.

Paul

Is it about the same problem: Select multiple with 'relevant' expression
so you weren't able to fix your problem according to what I said in: Select multiple with 'relevant' expression - #8 by Grzesiek2010?
If it was to difficult or unclear don't hesitate to ask further.

Please attach your form to show what you already have.

Hi Grzesiek2010,

I wanted to try to explain the problem with some more clarity. I don't think I explained very well what I wanted with the old question. Here is what I have so far but eliminated all previous attempts that were not successful so starting with a 'blank' sheet. The problem is with rows 10/11.

Peatland Survey Form.xls (20.5 KB)

There are two options to solve your problem the one I described in our previous conversation was a bit more sophisticated so difficult to understand.

Option1: You can create a separate question for every possible selected option and make it visible/hidden depending on what you selected. It's something like you did but in this case you don't need repeat_groups actually you need just those questions. it would be like: Peatland Survey Form.xls (20 KB)

Option2: is that more sophisticated solution with repeatable groups that allows you not to list all
possible cases what might be important if you have a long list of choices: Peatland Survey Form_solution2.xls (17.5 KB)

Hi Grzesiek2010,

I cannot thank you enough. I went with option1 because it was similar to my failed attempt. Just what I wanted!

Many thanks to you and the community.

Many thanks,

Paul S

1 Like

Great, juts wanted to add that you don't need separate choices for every single question like you had: percentage1, percentage2, percentage3 etc. if those sets are equal you can use only one in multiple questions.