Select_one option: Remove/Hide selected option in the next question

Good day all,

We're doing a housing survey, the respondent's (household) where asked
thrice on their preferred housing option.

Q1: What is the most preferred housing options?
Q2: What is the second most preferred housing options?
Q3: What is the third most preferred housing options?

Each questions has the same list of options (choices).
shelter_opts 1 Build house in same location
shelter_opts 2 Build house in nearby neighborhood
shelter_opts 3 Move to relatives
shelter_opts 4 Move to Relocation sites
shelter_opts 5 Rent house/apartment
shelter_opts 6 Other shelter options

We are trying to restrict the user not to select his/her selected option in
Q1, same with Q2 and Q3, in order to have a unique answer in each question.

How will i do this in XLSForm?

Thank you in advance.

Hi Neil,
Please find attached an example.
Regards

Koassi.

Remove_Hide_selected.xlsx (16 KB)

··· Le mardi 17 février 2015 03:46:28 UTC, neil jerson a écrit : > > Good day all, > > > We're doing a housing survey, the respondent's (household) where asked > thrice on their preferred housing option. > > Q1: What is the most preferred housing options? > Q2: What is the second most preferred housing options? > Q3: What is the third most preferred housing options? > > Each questions has the same list of options (choices). > shelter_opts 1 Build house in same location > shelter_opts 2 Build house in nearby neighborhood > shelter_opts 3 Move to relatives > shelter_opts 4 Move to Relocation sites > shelter_opts 5 Rent house/apartment > shelter_opts 6 Other shelter options > > We are trying to restrict the user not to select his/her selected option > in Q1, same with Q2 and Q3, in order to have a unique answer in each > question. > > How will i do this in XLSForm? > > > Thank you in advance. > > >

Thank you so much Koassi!!!!

I'll try this...

··· On Tuesday, February 17, 2015 at 1:31:12 AM UTC-8, Koassi AKAKPO wrote: > > Hi Neil, > Please find attached an example. > Regards > > Koassi. > > Le mardi 17 février 2015 03:46:28 UTC, neil jerson a écrit : >> >> Good day all, >> >> >> We're doing a housing survey, the respondent's (household) where asked >> thrice on their preferred housing option. >> >> Q1: What is the most preferred housing options? >> Q2: What is the second most preferred housing options? >> Q3: What is the third most preferred housing options? >> >> Each questions has the same list of options (choices). >> shelter_opts 1 Build house in same location >> shelter_opts 2 Build house in nearby neighborhood >> shelter_opts 3 Move to relatives >> shelter_opts 4 Move to Relocation sites >> shelter_opts 5 Rent house/apartment >> shelter_opts 6 Other shelter options >> >> We are trying to restrict the user not to select his/her selected option >> in Q1, same with Q2 and Q3, in order to have a unique answer in each >> question. >> >> How will i do this in XLSForm? >> >> >> Thank you in advance. >> >> >>