Sending data back to ODK collect from ODK aggregate to re edit

Hi Guys is it possible that the data that was collected then sent to ODK
Aggregate can be sent back again to odk collect for re editing again?

that could be a resourceful feature to avoid when trying to re evaluate a
sent of data then being fored to re collect it again which wil create a new
set of data that already exists in the database hence having a duplicate

thank you

I had exactly the same question, I need to send submitted data back to
field for editing. Can I upload it somehow on server and be retrieved by
the field worker?

Anthony

··· On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 8:02 AM, Coulson Thabo Kgathi wrote:

Hi Guys is it possible that the data that was collected then sent to ODK
Aggregate can be sent back again to odk collect for re editing again?

that could be a resourceful feature to avoid when trying to re evaluate a
sent of data then being fored to re collect it again which wil create a new
set of data that already exists in the database hence having a duplicate

thank you

--

Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com
Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"ODK Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

ODK Survey (alpha) and ODK Tables (not yet in alpha) are designed to tackle
this issue.

The existing tools are designed for a one-way flow of data from the phone
up to the server.

One possibility is to print out a barcode and identifying information for
each of the existing records, then when you begin the follow-up interview,
scan the barcode so that the new form's data is associated with the
existing record (which is using an entirely-different follow-up form asking
for the information you need to update). Then publish the new and old forms
into another application, like google Fusion Tables, and use that to create
a consolidated view of the new and prior data records (this is something
that Fusion Tables is very good at doing).

Mitch

··· On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 12:53 AM, Muyepa A. wrote:

I had exactly the same question, I need to send submitted data back to
field for editing. Can I upload it somehow on server and be retrieved by
the field worker?

Anthony

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 8:02 AM, Coulson Thabo Kgathi zeecolly@gmail.comwrote:

Hi Guys is it possible that the data that was collected then sent to ODK
Aggregate can be sent back again to odk collect for re editing again?

that could be a resourceful feature to avoid when trying to re evaluate a
sent of data then being fored to re collect it again which wil create a new
set of data that already exists in the database hence having a duplicate

thank you

--

Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com
Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"ODK Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

--

Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com
Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"ODK Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitchellsundt@gmail.com

I had asked that question and it is not yet possible.......

··· On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 12:31 PM, Mitch Sundt wrote:

ODK Survey (alpha) and ODK Tables (not yet in alpha) are designed to
tackle this issue.

The existing tools are designed for a one-way flow of data from the phone
up to the server.

One possibility is to print out a barcode and identifying information for
each of the existing records, then when you begin the follow-up interview,
scan the barcode so that the new form's data is associated with the
existing record (which is using an entirely-different follow-up form asking
for the information you need to update). Then publish the new and old forms
into another application, like google Fusion Tables, and use that to create
a consolidated view of the new and prior data records (this is something
that Fusion Tables is very good at doing).

Mitch

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 12:53 AM, Muyepa A. muyepaa@gmail.com wrote:

I had exactly the same question, I need to send submitted data back to
field for editing. Can I upload it somehow on server and be retrieved by
the field worker?

Anthony

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 8:02 AM, Coulson Thabo Kgathi <zeecolly@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Guys is it possible that the data that was collected then sent to ODK
Aggregate can be sent back again to odk collect for re editing again?

that could be a resourceful feature to avoid when trying to re evaluate
a sent of data then being fored to re collect it again which wil create a
new set of data that already exists in the database hence having a duplicate

thank you

--

Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com
Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "ODK Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

--

Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com
Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"ODK Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitchellsundt@gmail.com

--

Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com
Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"ODK Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

--


"Like a camera I use the negative to develop..uDig"
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of
enthusiasm"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
Roxroy K. Bollers
OutSourceRox*
*Geographic Information Systems, IT Professional & Wed Developer
tel. 592.685.2737
.........................................................
Follow Us On
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/OutSourceRox
Google+ https://plus.google.com/114064153117817313312
Web http://twitinternational.com/outsourcerox.htm
Twitter: @drbollers http://www.twitter.com/drbollers

Portfolio:
Tropical Timber http://www.tropicaltimber.com
Adventure Guianas http://www.adventureguianas.com/
Surama Eco-Lodge http://www.suramaecolodge.com/
Forest Connect Guyana http://iwokrama.org/forestconnect/index.htm

Hello- rekindling this old topic in the hope that someone has successfully managed to send back data from Aggregate to Collect in the last 6 years! Would be very keen to hear your ideas on how to do this or suggestions for work-arounds. It is important for us to have data corrected and updated by field staff who originally collected it rather than by a data manager in a central location.

Many thanks,
Naomi

This can be done with the help of ODK-X . I am not sure how but I know that yes you can do this in ODK-X.

Best,
@iamnarendrasingh