Service 'nginx' failed to build

Hello Friends,

I am experiencing issues installing ODK Central on Ubuntu 22.04. Everything went well; however, failed to build nginx. the last part of the building looks like this:

I would truly appreciate for any suggestions.

Thank you,
Imran

Is it latest central version v2023.2?

Yes, it is the latest version.

I'm not able to reproduce this. Is this a fresh install or an upgrade? How much RAM does your machine have?

My guess is that your upstream firewall is blocking traffic or you've had some network failure.

1 Like

Thanks, @yanokwa; it was my mistake. I tried installing it on Ubuntu 22.04 minimal instead of the server and I did the same thing several times. Just identified that I was creating an instance using the wrong OS. Working perfectly now.

3 Likes

Hi, I have been trying to complete an install of Central and encounter the same nginx error described here. However, I am using a server hosted in DigitalOcean as the set-up guide advises. I'm using the Docker image specified in the guide: Docker 23.0.6 on Ubuntu 22.04. There is only one docker image available on DigitalOcean. My machine has the following stats: Basic / 2 GB / 1 vCPU

Ive tried running the build several times and sometimes I also encounter an error with postgres14 (I have completed the touch ./files/allow-postgres14-upgrade step)

Any suggestions?