Show separators for numbers

What is the problem? Please be detailed.
Cree una pregunta numerica y le di apariencia thousands-sep, cuando ingreso al aplicativo por primera vez, se ven los separadores, al salir del formulario y volver a ingresar los separadores no estan y deja espacios en blanco; por favor me pueden colaborar informandome que debo hacer o si por medio de ustedes pueden hacer un ajuste.. Gracias por su atencion

What ODK tool and version are you using? And on what device and operating system version?
Odk Collect 1.14.0
Aprix
Huawei
Android 5.1

What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
Create a numeric question and give it the appearance thousands-sep

What you have you tried to fix the problem?

Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach here.

Are you using XLSForm? Can you provide the question coding?

Can you provide screenshot(s)?

1 Like

Yes, i am using XLSFORM,

I can not upload files, because i am new user

Instead of uploading your .xlsx file you can post a table by pasting into ASCII table, copying the output, and wrapping the output with ``` on the lines before and after to make it show up like:

+---------+---------+
|  Col1   |  Col2   |
+---------+---------+
| Value 1 | Value 2 |
+---------+---------+
+----------+---------+---------------------------------+------------------+
|   type   |   name  |       label                     |  appearance      |
| integer  | P3079   | ¿Cuánto le pagó el mes pasado ? |  thousands-sep   |

From the ODK docs:

If thousands-sep is added to appearance, integer, decimal, and number text widgets will display their values using locale-specific thousands separators.
Note: For locales that use the point separator (.), a space is used instead.

Are you seeing spaces, for example 1 000 000? If that is what is happening, then I think it might be due to the locale/language selected in the device settings.

1 Like

PruebaFormato.xls (154,5 KB)

yes, i am seeing spaces,

I'm going to check what configuration the machines have and I write you.

thanks for your quick response

Good afternoon,

The locale is the pc where it generates the XML or mobile dispostivo, on my smartphone I have in eidiona Spanish (Colombia) and tambie probe with Spanish (USA)

The locale that determines separators is the locale of the mobile device.

It would be really helpful to get screenshots or a text representation of the values you're seeing! It's not clear to me whether the value is being cleared or whether the separators are showing up differently.

The values are not erasing, for example there is 1 000 000, the (,) is replaced by spaces, and try with Spanish (Latin American) and Spanish (USA) in the configuration of my device