Skipping to a whole group not a question

I would love to know how to skip a whole group not a question. How do i go about this?

What do you mean? Do you want to make a group not relevant?

i am putting a consent form at the beginning of the tool am developing and i want to be able to skip to the end of all the question if the respondent do not consent. i can share the tool if need be.

You can use a relevant on either a single question or on a group. See below or skip-example.xlsx (29.7 KB). Does this help?

Also, if you need to have a record of the consent, you might find useful the signature value in the appearance column for an image type question, which allows you to capture a signature digitally on a mobile device when the person signs with their finger on the touch screen.

Example

• survey sheet
+------------------+---------------+---------------------------------+--------------------------+----------+
|       type       |     name      |              label              |         relevant         | required |
+------------------+---------------+---------------------------------+--------------------------+----------+
| select_one yesno | confirm_start | Do you agree to the survey?     |                          | yes      |
| begin group      | survey        |                                 | ${confirm_start} = 'yes' |          |
| text             | q1            | What?                           |                          |          |
| integer          | q2            | How many?                       |                          |          |
| end group        |               |                                 |                          |          |
| note             | end_note      | The respondent doesn't consent. | ${confirm_start} = 'no'  |          |
  • choices sheet
+-----------+------+------------------------+
| list name | name |         label          |
| yesno     | yes  | Yes, start the survey. |
| yesno     | no   | No, end the survey.    |
2 Likes

Hi, I have a long form with many groups. I want to use a consent question to whether continue the survey or not. If the response for this question is ${confirm_start} = 'yes', then the survey should continue. If the response is ${confirm_start} = 'no', then the survey should go to last question of closing the survey. Can you please tell me how to do it?!
Thanks a lot!
Archi

Hi @archiplaner
you need to use relevant.

If I understand the question ${confirm_started} is first in your survey, so you need to put everything else in an additional group and use ${confirm_started} = 'yes' in relevant.

4 Likes

@Grzegorz Thanks a lot. It worked.

Hi,
I have a similar challenge.
I have a form with the following question:
Question 2: How often do you play football? choices are 1) Only in the morning 2) Only in the evening 3)
Both.
Question 3.
Question 3: Should only be displayed if choice is either 2 or 3
Question 8: Has a number of questions and should only be displayed when choice in Question 2 is 1.

Question 8 appears after a series of questions, thus I wrote the following code:

Option 2, 3: (selected(${football}, '2')) or (selected(${football}, '3'))

Option 1: begin group selected(${football}, '1')
end group

I cant skip to question 8 when option 1 is selected in Question 2, please advice where I could have made a mistake?

Thank you

You mean that questions 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 should be skipped if you selected 1.
Then 8 should be skipped if you selected 2 or 3?

If I understand you need something like this: testV.xlsx (6.7 KB)

Dear Sir,
Yes, question 3,4,5,6 and 7 would be skipped. Let me try and revert

It worked, thank you very much

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Count-selected in group not having desired effect

this is helpful. what if you have more than 2 options? for example, yes, no and not applicable as options and you want to skip only if the response is no and not skip if the response is yes and not applicable.

You could try something like this...

survey

+-----------------+---------+-------------------------+---------------+----------+
|      type       |  name   |          label          |   relevant    | required |
+-----------------+---------+-------------------------+---------------+----------+
| select_one ynna | q1      | select one              |               | yes      |
| begin group     | mygroup |                         | ${q1} != "no" |          |
| note            | mynote  | You did not select "no" |               |          |
| end group       |         |                         |               |          |

choices

+-----------+------+-------+
| list_name | name | label |
| ynna      | yes  | yes   |
| ynna      | no   | no    |
| ynna      | na   | n/a   |

Thank you! it worked.