Galaxy Tab A 7.0 with ODK app and ONA server for data collection. It will
be my first time so I would like to ask you some questions before this:

•      each tablet has its own GPS and I would like to ask if GPS

device is enough and I don’t need internet connection for gathering data
location? What would be the difference using internet connection in
gathering detailed location?

•      because of lack of internet I need to make backups in the

fieldwork – do I need any special app to download the back up on an
external hard disk? How should I do it properly?

•      does the app have option of coming back to the last asked

question if the interview was aborted?

•      when I look into the ‘download’ on your page I see a lot of

opportunities – do you have any description what they are using for? I
thought I need nothing more than ODK collect to install on all tablets, is
that right? What for are all the rest?

I would be very grateful for response into my questions.

Best regards,

Agata Kusnierek

Hi Agata,

GPS doesn't need Internet access to work. You just need a clear view of the sky.

For the rest of your questions, you should try Ona's help at
https://help.ona.io because the Ona team is best equipped to respond.

Yaw

··· On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 12:49 AM, Agata Kusnierek wrote: > Hi, > > In few weeks I'm going to start a project in Ethiopia using tablets Samsung > Galaxy Tab A 7.0 with ODK app and ONA server for data collection. It will be > my first time so I would like to ask you some questions before this: > > - each tablet has its own GPS and I would like to ask if GPS device > is enough and I don’t need internet connection for gathering data location? > What would be the difference using internet connection in gathering detailed > location? > > - because of lack of internet I need to make backups in the > fieldwork – do I need any special app to download the back up on an external > hard disk? How should I do it properly? > > - does the app have option of coming back to the last asked > question if the interview was aborted? > > - when I look into the ‘download’ on your page I see a lot of > opportunities – do you have any description what they are using for? I > thought I need nothing more than ODK collect to install on all tablets, is > that right? What for are all the rest? > > > > I would be very grateful for response into my questions. > > > > Best regards, > > Agata Kusnierek > > -- > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > --- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "ODK Community" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.