Specific other textbox for next question

What is the problem? Please be detailed.
I want to need specific other textbox for next question

What ODK tool and version are you using? And on what device and operating system version?
Lasted version apk using on tablet.

What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
The first question is using choice_filter list and then I want to show second question included "other_specific list "

What you have you tried to fix the problem?
I could not be use " other " list name on " choice sheet" because this survey is included a lot of "list name"

Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach here.

Dear sir,
Please kindly to see this attached files. This survey is included choice_filter action for (township, village tract and village). Township is perfected list name ,so it not needed "specific_other" but I want to need "specific_other action " on village tract and village answer list name. Thank you very much.
Mandalay.xlsx (247.5 KB)

Just a note that row 2293 on your choices sheet is missing a value in the filter column.

To experiment, I copied everything in column D for the village_tract group of options and then used the Excel 'remove duplicates' functionality to get the unique values and then added village_tract for the list name, and other_village_tract for the name. Repeated the same for the village list (except with list name = village, and name = other_village). This added 28 new rows for the village_tract list and 1,267 new rows for the village list. I then deleted the or_other option from the two questions' type on the survey sheet. And yep, ODK Collect slowed down and froze when trying to run the survey.

I think your best bet might be to try external itemsets.

2 Likes

Dear danbjoseph,
Thank you very much for your answer. I try it.