Specify Other when Other is selected with other choices in a select multiple form

Dear Sarah, the problem is that kobocollect (ODK) has a problem of refreshing while you are on the same page. Try to display the other specify option outside of the group and it will work. You can see on the attached.select.xlsx (9.8 KB)

Try something like as I did for " A. CARACTERÍSTICAS GERAIS" : CFAR_HIV_Survey_ODK_form_v2.6.xls (85.5 KB)

Hey dear, I want to align the text in center on screen and i also want to fix a background image on screen which can be appear behind my questions as a background screen...

Hi @Ebrahim,

Please reply if only you find your question to be relevant to the topic. Or create a new thread. Also, one thread is enough. I have close the other in favor of

2 Likes

Hi @Sarah_Pfeil I just faced the same problem of multiple choices with selecting other. did you find the answer?

Hi @Sarah_Pfeil & @omar_jamal

You can use selected() function to find out whether an option of concern has been selected or not in a select_multiple variable, here the option of concern is 'other'.

In relevance column of 'Specify Other' text variable, you can put selected(${B14},96)

If multiple select choice also include a 'None' option, then in order to check the condition whether 'None' is selected along with other options in the list, you need to create calculate variables for each option, use selected() function for each one of them to ascertain whether the option has been selected or not (1 if selected, 0 if not) in the previous multi select question.

After this you can create a note, write text in label - 'No other option should be selected if None is selected. Please check your selections!'. You need to make the note mandatory, and in its relevance column you check if 'None' along with any one of the other options in the list is equal to 1.