Specify "Other" with text field under "select_one"

Hello ODK community,

I am new to ODK and would like to code a "select_one" question in a way such that the enumerator can specify what the respondent means when they select "other". In the question below, this would mean that the enumerator would be able to type in an answer in a text field under "hhsector 9 Other".

Hence, I would like to ask the community if this is even possible with a "select_one" question? As I am sure there must be a way, I am grateful for any guidance!

All the best,
Jérôme

Type: select_one hhsector
Name: hhsector
Label: What is the main source of income in your household?

Choices:
hhsector 0 Public sector employment
hhsector 1 Private sector employment
hhsector 2 Self-employment
hhsector 3 Receiving pensions
hhsector 4 Receiving money from abroad
hhsector 5 Support from family members in Nigeria
hhsector 6 Using savings
hhsector 7 Selling assets
hhsector 8 Occasional Jobs
hhsector 9 Other

Hi,

It should be a support forum question perhaps.

Not sure if I am missing something. But this is very easily possible by putting up a TEXT question after the select_one question, and putting conditional statement of displaying the TEXT question if OTHER is selected in select_one.

Does this solve your issue, or are you asking about something else which I could not get?

Saad

Hi,

This is very easily possible by putting up a TEXT question after the select_one question, and putting conditional statement of displaying the TEXT question if OTHER is selected in select_one.

Does this solve your issue, or are you asking about something else which I could not get?

Hello you two,

Thanks a lot for your support! I just tried it the way you suggested it, @Rahul_Sharma, and it is working perfectly! Amazing!

All the best,
Jérôme