Submission time is not in the same format as Start and End time

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
Start and End times are in the correct format, and excel can easily change them to Date,Time+Timezone format.
But the submission times are always in GMT and Excel is not able to change it because they are in a different format.

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
I can add the timezone manually to GMT to get the correct time, but it's a workaround to a bug.

4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
Make any submission and check the excel file.
Start and End times are written like this: 2019-11-21T10:32:27.405+04:00
Submission times are written like this: 2019-11-21T15:23:05

5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.

Hi,

The reason for this is that start and end time are created by the mobile device so the format and timezone depend on the device settings. Submission date/time is created by ODK Aggregate or whichever online server you use which is why it defaults to GMT.

Unfortunately its not really a bug as the server needs to have one default timezone. Can you maybe explain why this is causing problems for you and maybe it will be possible to suggest a workaround?

1 Like

Thanks for the reply; that makes a lot of sense.
The issue is that I use Powerquery in Excel to format the data, and for Start and End times it works perfectly when I set the data type to "Date/Time/Timezone" but for the submission time field, it always shows GMT no matter which data type I select.