Testing form on Central - upload error (a resource already exists)

After uploading the initial form definition, I go to the Testing tab, scan the QR code, download the form, and fill it out. Upon submitting I get an Error: Generic Exception: Error: A resource already exists with sha value(s) of ... and the upload fails.

There was form with the same id within the project, but I had deleted it earlier.

Central

versions:
836112b5bf39de826e1bf141d21db7f7b8d54ecf
 4732f7112a286165241aaf7f971f2c2e38d6bb8a client (v1.0.0)
 e9ffd2c0c3aa1a9475852e1397b8259e2b03165a server (v1.0.3)

Collect
v1.28.3

Is it possible that you've attached the same media file twice for two different questions? I seem to remember we've identified some kind of limitation there before that can turn up in a testing context.

I did do that. And just tried a submission when I made sure to not do that, and it went through. Thank you.

1 Like

Glad that was it! Something we should address but luckily it's very unlikely in a real data collection context.

If I design my form silly enough to ask for multiple mandatory photos of the same thing, could users be tempted to choose the same photo from their gallery for repeated media questions?

1 Like

Yes, exactly. I don’t think it’s super likely but I think we should address it.

Welp... the questions were all asking for photos of different things but go figure:

Is there a workaround to get the forms uploaded?

For now they will need to be different images. Can the data collectors edit those submissions and take a picture of a piece of paper that says "same as before" or something like that?

We have just released Central v1.1, which should resolve this issue. Thank you for reporting this issue!

1 Like