Text wrapping for long answer choices (select_one, select_multiple)

What is the problem? Please be detailed.
Some of the answer options for select_one and select_multiple answer choices on my survey are a bit long and on a tablet with an 8 inch screen, even in landscape view, will not display. I expected the text to automatically wrap to the next line but it does not - it runs off the page. I haven't seen any settings to change this display.

What ODK tool and version are you using? And on what device and operating system version?
I am using ODK Collect v1.15.1 on a Samsung Galaxy Tab E and building my form with XLSForm.

What you have you tried to fix the problem?
I have tried searching for display options, changing to landscape view and reducing the font size.

Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach here.
I've attached a screenshot of an example where this is a problem.

you can drop compact appearance or
separate the text in a new line in same cell using alt+enter (For example use this formula after the word "septic").

1 Like

You can try using the latest version of ODK Collect v1.17.2 or above.Do also wrap on the MS Excel if you are using it and see if it works.

Dropping compact works, thank you!

The text was already wrapped in Excel, but that did not affect the display in ODK at all. Switching the appearance to compact works, however!

1 Like