1. What is the issue? Please be detailed.
The domain name is not working, the web browser can not access odk central management website
2. What steps can we take to reproduce this issue?
Installation of ODK central on Ubuntu 22.04
3. What have you tried to fix the issue?
4. Upload any test forms or screenshots below.
Welcome to the forum and thanks for adding your profile picture. It helps build community! We're glad you're here. When you get a chance, please introduce yourself on this forum thread.
- What is the error message you see in the browser when you try to go to your domain?
- Did you create an A record for your domain that points to the IP address of your server running Central? - Getting a Web Address (Domain Name)
- When installing Central did you edit the
.env file to include your domain name? - Getting and Setting Up Central
Hello, I have the same issue as provided by Emmanuel_Nkurunziza.
This is the error:
This site can’t be reachedwww.drgeo.pl refused to connect.
Checking the connection
Checking the proxy and the firewall
I created an A record:
And I edited env file:
And I point on OVHCloud to 3 servers (they are enabled):
ns1.digitalocean.com (ns2, ns3, respectively)
Please were you able to get a solution for this, I am experiencing the same problem after installing it on Digital Ocean.
When logged into your server instance, what is the output when you enter this command?
Everything shows fine as explained in the documentation when I run docker-compose ps. I was able to solve the issue, one must wait for the domain name to start pointing towards the IP Address of the droplet. So after setting the IP from the domain name providers to the droplet, I had to wait for some time then I used the ping command on my local terminal to verify that the domain is pointing towards the droplet IP before starting the installation. After the installation was done I cleared my browser cache and on reload everything was working perfectly fine.