The question titles get blank when collect is inactive for a while

A colleague had this bug for the second time since march and took a screenshot :

This happens when he leave the app open without using it for a while. The question titles are no longer displayed.
He still can save the form, then quit Collect and reopen ODK to continue its inventory.
His phone is a Samsung galaxy a52 5g (version one UI 4.1, android 12)

Do you know if the phone was switched from Dark to Light mode while the app wasn't in use? Does the user have the phone set to switch automatically at different times of day maybe?

1 Like

Hi Callum,

My colleague just told me that the dark mode is forced on is phone (always "ON")
The "Eye confort" option is also activated.

That's confusing because the screenshot has clearly been taken on a phone in light mode - not only is Collect using a light theme (which can be forced), the status bar (with the network, time and battery info) is white.

1 Like

Oh, you're right!
I just checked on his phone. Some apps are dark, not all and not Collect.

Can you check if "Dark theme" is enabled in (Android) settings in "Display"?

It is enabled in the "screen" settings (Ecran in french) and also elsewhere to "apply dark mode to background" (personal translation...).

And what theme setting is Collect using? "Use device theme", light or dark?

"Light" theme was enabled.

1 Like

@Szymon_Rujner @dbemke I think you can take a look at this when you are free. Maybe you will be able to reproduce.