Transfering Data to QGIS and removing columns

In the odk app, I need the heading of my xls-form (Title, two pictures, etc.)- that is why it has to be existent in the xls-form. Now, when I collect data with the odk app and transfer it as a delimited text layer into QGIS, there are 4 empty columns in the beginning of my attribute table. Is there a way - any rule or setting, with which I can remove these columns in the attribute table of QGIS, but still show them while using the odk app?

Hi there,

Sounds like a question for the QGIS team. Start at
http://www.qgis.org/en/site/forusers/support.html.

Yaw

··· On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 10:06 PM, wrote: > In the odk app, I need the heading of my xls-form (Title, two pictures, etc.)- that is why it has to be existent in the xls-form. Now, when I collect data with the odk app and transfer it as a delimited text layer into QGIS, there are 4 empty columns in the beginning of my attribute table. Is there a way - any rule or setting, with which I can remove these columns in the attribute table of QGIS, but still show them while using the odk app? > > -- > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > --- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ODK Community" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hello, could you please post a screen dump of the first few columns in the
xlsform and also a screen dump of QGIS interface showing the exported
columns?

··· On Friday, January 27, 2017 at 10:04:07 PM UTC+3, ninaa...@gmail.com wrote: > > In the odk app, I need the heading of my xls-form (Title, two pictures, > etc.)- that is why it has to be existent in the xls-form. Now, when I > collect data with the odk app and transfer it as a delimited text layer > into QGIS, there are 4 empty columns in the beginning of my attribute > table. Is there a way - any rule or setting, with which I can remove these > columns in the attribute table of QGIS, but still show them while using the > odk app?

Hi Nina,

The file you opened in QGIS is most likely the .csv exported from Aggregate. You can open the .csv in any spreadsheet editor and remove unwanted columns. Or in QGIS you would need to go Layer>Save As> and specify ESRI Shapefile format. This .shp copy of the .csv can be edited in the Attribute Table.

Best wishes,
Chris

··· On Friday, January 27, 2017 at 9:04:07 PM UTC+2, ninaa...@gmail.com wrote: > In the odk app, I need the heading of my xls-form (Title, two pictures, etc.)- that is why it has to be existent in the xls-form. Now, when I collect data with the odk app and transfer it as a delimited text layer into QGIS, there are 4 empty columns in the beginning of my attribute table. Is there a way - any rule or setting, with which I can remove these columns in the attribute table of QGIS, but still show them while using the odk app?