Trouble Determining ODK Aggregate Version on Google App Engine (GAE)

What is the problem? Please be detailed.

I've followed the instructions for Determining Your Aggregate Version a few times with no luck. I've also unsuccessfully tried to search for other key terms. SEE UPDATE BELOW.

What ODK tool and version are you using? And on what device and operating system version?

At some point in the past (as archived in a post on this forum) that I'm running ODK Aggregate v1.4.15

What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?

What you have you tried to fix the problem?

Okay, I actually just searched for v1.4.15 because I knew the version from the previous post. This led me to the finding that you need to first click on any of the returned logs (after searching for "afterPropertiesSet") and then click "Expand all" (see screenshot below) to find the Aggregate version.

It is also potentially useful to recommend the use of the browsers' search function (Ctrl + f) to find "afterPropertiesSet" because the logs can be extensive. From a bit of testing, it appears that the Aggregate version is listed in the logs after the first instance of "afterPropertiesSet."

Long story short, I hope that this post saves someone else some time, and perhaps the documentation could be updated accordingly.

Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach here.

1 Like

Hi,

The for the useful tips! However, please note that, Google keeps changing their interface too frequently and it is not really possible for ODK to update the documentations instantly, as activities of a community driven project depends on voluntary contribution of the members.

Thanks

@Jeff_Davids if you'd like to improve the docs, please can add a bit of text by hitting the Edit on GitHub link at the top of the page you found the instructions.

The latest Aggregate also improves this situation by adding version overlay at the bottom of every page.

@yanokwa glad to see the version number is included in Aggregate now. I look forward to becoming a contributing member of the ODK community in the coming years.

3 Likes