Unable to install a local instance

Hello - I hope this isn't a stupid question but I couldn't find an
answer by searching the community discussion so far ...
I am having problems installing a Local Instance of Aggregate. I have
followed all the instructions, using v0.9.6. First I tried in
Firefox, but when I tried to run “launchAggregateTestServer.cmd” I
just got a very quick flash of a small blank black screen which then
disappeared, and when I went to localhost:8080 my browser was unable
to connect. So then I tried using Chrome, downloaded v0.9.6 again,
and tried to run “launchAggregateTestServer.cmd”. I got a security
warning that the app publisher is not verified, but I clicked Run
anyway, and the same thing happens - brief flash of a blank black
screen then nothing. Again, Chrome can't connect to localhost:8080.
So I am stuck - please help! Thankyou!

hi ellie,

no such thing as a stupid question! do know if you have java 6 or
higher installed?

yaw

··· On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 14:34, Ellie Chowns wrote: > Hello - I hope this isn't a stupid question but I couldn't find an > answer by searching the community discussion so far ... > I am having problems installing a Local Instance of Aggregate. I have > followed all the instructions, using v0.9.6. First I tried in > Firefox, but when I tried to run “launchAggregateTestServer.cmd” I > just got a very quick flash of a small blank black screen which then > disappeared, and when I went to localhost:8080 my browser was unable > to connect. So then I tried using Chrome, downloaded v0.9.6 again, > and tried to run “launchAggregateTestServer.cmd”. I got a security > warning that the app publisher is not verified, but I clicked Run > anyway, and the same thing happens - brief flash of a blank black > screen then nothing. Again, Chrome can't connect to localhost:8080. > So I am stuck - please help! Thankyou! > > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >

Here are some things to do to help figure out the problem.

Please confirm that after downloading the zip file, you right-clicked
'ODK_AggregateDeploy_v0.9.6.zip' and chose 'Extract All...',
extracted the contents to a folder, then browsed to that folder and
double-clicked the 'uploadAggregateToAppEngine' script from that
folder.

If you just browse into the zip file (by double-clicking into it), and
try to run the script from within the zip, the script will flash and
fail as you describe.

If that doesn't work probably the easiest thing to do is open a cmd
window and run 'java -version' as this will tell us a lot about your
paths and version. To do this simply go to the start menu and select
run. In the Run popup type "cmd". When the command prompt window comes
up simply time "java -version". Paste the response into this email
thread and it should help us to determine what is wrong.

Cheers,
Waylon

··· On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 4:41 AM, Ellie Chowns wrote: > Hi Yaw, thanks! Yes I checked and installed Java 6 this morning just prior > to trying to install Aggregate. Ellie > > On 09/06/2011 12:37, Yaw Anokwa wrote: >> >> hi ellie, >> >> no such thing as a stupid question! do know if you have java 6 or >> higher installed? >> >> yaw >> >> On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 14:34, Ellie Chowns wrote: >> >>> >>> Hello - I hope this isn't a stupid question but I couldn't find an >>> answer by searching the community discussion so far ... >>> I am having problems installing a Local Instance of Aggregate. I have >>> followed all the instructions, using v0.9.6. First I tried in >>> Firefox, but when I tried to run “launchAggregateTestServer.cmd” I >>> just got a very quick flash of a small blank black screen which then >>> disappeared, and when I went to localhost:8080 my browser was unable >>> to connect. So then I tried using Chrome, downloaded v0.9.6 again, >>> and tried to run “launchAggregateTestServer.cmd”. I got a security >>> warning that the app publisher is not verified, but I clicked Run >>> anyway, and the same thing happens - brief flash of a blank black >>> screen then nothing. Again, Chrome can't connect to localhost:8080. >>> So I am stuck - please help! Thankyou! >>> >>> -- >>> Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com >>> Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com >>> Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >>> >>> >> >> > > > -- > Ellie Chowns home +44 (0)1531 670729 mobile +44 (0)7950 714947 > ellie.chowns@gmail.com skype: eleanorchowns > > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >

Hi Yaw, thanks! Yes I checked and installed Java 6 this morning just
prior to trying to install Aggregate. Ellie

··· On 09/06/2011 12:37, Yaw Anokwa wrote: > hi ellie, > > no such thing as a stupid question! do know if you have java 6 or > higher installed? > > yaw > > On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 14:34, Ellie Chowns wrote: > >> Hello - I hope this isn't a stupid question but I couldn't find an >> answer by searching the community discussion so far ... >> I am having problems installing a Local Instance of Aggregate. I have >> followed all the instructions, using v0.9.6. First I tried in >> Firefox, but when I tried to run �launchAggregateTestServer.cmd� I >> just got a very quick flash of a small blank black screen which then >> disappeared, and when I went to localhost:8080 my browser was unable >> to connect. So then I tried using Chrome, downloaded v0.9.6 again, >> and tried to run �launchAggregateTestServer.cmd�. I got a security >> warning that the app publisher is not verified, but I clicked Run >> anyway, and the same thing happens - brief flash of a blank black >> screen then nothing. Again, Chrome can't connect to localhost:8080. >> So I am stuck - please help! Thankyou! >> >> -- >> Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com >> Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com >> Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >> >> >

--
Ellie Chowns home +44 (0)1531 670729 mobile +44 (0)7950 714947
ellie.chowns@gmail.com skype: eleanorchowns

Hi Waylon, many thanks for your help.
I have a problem with the extraction from the zip file. When I try to
Extract All from the zip file, I get an error message "There is already
a file with the same name as the folder name you specified. Specify a
different name." I get this same message no matter what name or
location I give the extraction folder, and I have checked and deleted
any folders from all previous abortive attempts to extract. If I click
Try Again in the error message I get nowhere. If I click Skip, I just
get two items in my new folder: _MACOSX (File, 0 bytes) and
ODKAggregateDeploy0.9.6 (6 File, 0 bytes). If I click Cancel, I just
get the second of these two non-files. Somehow my unzipping is not
working. Do I need some particular unzipping program?

So yes, as you guessed, what I was doing before was browsing straight
into the zip file, leading to the script flashing and failing.

Thanks for the instructions on opening a cmd window. Here is the text:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6001]
Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Eleanor>java -version
java version "1.6.0_26"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_26-b03)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 20.1-b02, mixed mode, sharing)

Does that shed any light on the problem?
Hoping for more guidance... with many thanks! Best wishes, Ellie

··· On 09/06/2011 20:11, W. Brunette wrote: > Here are some things to do to help figure out the problem. > > Please confirm that after downloading the zip file, you right-clicked > 'ODK_AggregateDeploy_v0.9.6.zip' and chose 'Extract All...', > extracted the contents to a folder, then browsed to that folder and > double-clicked the 'uploadAggregateToAppEngine' script from that > folder. > > If you just browse into the zip file (by double-clicking into it), and > try to run the script from within the zip, the script will flash and > fail as you describe. > > If that doesn't work probably the easiest thing to do is open a cmd > window and run 'java -version' as this will tell us a lot about your > paths and version. To do this simply go to the start menu and select > run. In the Run popup type "cmd". When the command prompt window comes > up simply time "java -version". Paste the response into this email > thread and it should help us to determine what is wrong. > > Cheers, > Waylon > > On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 4:41 AM, Ellie Chowns wrote: > >> Hi Yaw, thanks! Yes I checked and installed Java 6 this morning just prior >> to trying to install Aggregate. Ellie >> >> On 09/06/2011 12:37, Yaw Anokwa wrote: >> >>> hi ellie, >>> >>> no such thing as a stupid question! do know if you have java 6 or >>> higher installed? >>> >>> yaw >>> >>> On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 14:34, Ellie Chowns wrote: >>> >>> >>>> Hello - I hope this isn't a stupid question but I couldn't find an >>>> answer by searching the community discussion so far ... >>>> I am having problems installing a Local Instance of Aggregate. I have >>>> followed all the instructions, using v0.9.6. First I tried in >>>> Firefox, but when I tried to run �launchAggregateTestServer.cmd� I >>>> just got a very quick flash of a small blank black screen which then >>>> disappeared, and when I went to localhost:8080 my browser was unable >>>> to connect. So then I tried using Chrome, downloaded v0.9.6 again, >>>> and tried to run �launchAggregateTestServer.cmd�. I got a security >>>> warning that the app publisher is not verified, but I clicked Run >>>> anyway, and the same thing happens - brief flash of a blank black >>>> screen then nothing. Again, Chrome can't connect to localhost:8080. >>>> So I am stuck - please help! Thankyou! >>>> >>>> -- >>>> Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com >>>> Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com >>>> Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >>>> >>>> >>>> >>> >>> >> >> -- >> Ellie Chowns home +44 (0)1531 670729 mobile +44 (0)7950 714947 >> ellie.chowns@gmail.com skype: eleanorchowns >> >> -- >> Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com >> Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com >> Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >> >> >

--

Any unzipping program should work. I do not have any suggestions on
solving that problem. I would create a fresh directory and try
unzipping in that. You will need about 100MB free on your harddrive.
Maybe you are low on disk space. Unfortunately we are not in a
position to help debug why the file will not unzip properly for you.

Your java looks correct.

··· On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 2:57 PM, Ellie Chowns wrote: > Hi Waylon, many thanks for your help. > I have a problem with the extraction from the zip file. When I try to > Extract All from the zip file, I get an error message "There is already a > file with the same name as the folder name you specified. Specify a > different name." I get this same message no matter what name or location I > give the extraction folder, and I have checked and deleted any folders from > all previous abortive attempts to extract. If I click Try Again in the > error message I get nowhere. If I click Skip, I just get two items in my > new folder: _MACOSX (File, 0 bytes) and ODKAggregateDeploy0.9.6 (6 File, 0 > bytes). If I click Cancel, I just get the second of these two non-files. > Somehow my unzipping is not working. Do I need some particular unzipping > program? > > So yes, as you guessed, what I was doing before was browsing straight into > the zip file, leading to the script flashing and failing. > > Thanks for the instructions on opening a cmd window. Here is the text: > > Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6001] > Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. > > C:\Users\Eleanor>java -version > java version "1.6.0_26" > Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_26-b03) > Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 20.1-b02, mixed mode, sharing) > > Does that shed any light on the problem? > Hoping for more guidance... with many thanks! Best wishes, Ellie > > On 09/06/2011 20:11, W. Brunette wrote: >> >> Here are some things to do to help figure out the problem. >> >> Please confirm that after downloading the zip file, you right-clicked >> 'ODK_AggregateDeploy_v0.9.6.zip' and chose 'Extract All...', >> extracted the contents to a folder, then browsed to that folder and >> double-clicked the 'uploadAggregateToAppEngine' script from that >> folder. >> >> If you just browse into the zip file (by double-clicking into it), and >> try to run the script from within the zip, the script will flash and >> fail as you describe. >> >> If that doesn't work probably the easiest thing to do is open a cmd >> window and run 'java -version' as this will tell us a lot about your >> paths and version. To do this simply go to the start menu and select >> run. In the Run popup type "cmd". When the command prompt window comes >> up simply time "java -version". Paste the response into this email >> thread and it should help us to determine what is wrong. >> >> Cheers, >> Waylon >> >> On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 4:41 AM, Ellie Chowns wrote: >> >>> >>> Hi Yaw, thanks! Yes I checked and installed Java 6 this morning just >>> prior >>> to trying to install Aggregate. Ellie >>> >>> On 09/06/2011 12:37, Yaw Anokwa wrote: >>> >>>> >>>> hi ellie, >>>> >>>> no such thing as a stupid question! do know if you have java 6 or >>>> higher installed? >>>> >>>> yaw >>>> >>>> On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 14:34, Ellie Chowns wrote: >>>> >>>> >>>>> >>>>> Hello - I hope this isn't a stupid question but I couldn't find an >>>>> answer by searching the community discussion so far ... >>>>> I am having problems installing a Local Instance of Aggregate. I have >>>>> followed all the instructions, using v0.9.6. First I tried in >>>>> Firefox, but when I tried to run “launchAggregateTestServer.cmd” I >>>>> just got a very quick flash of a small blank black screen which then >>>>> disappeared, and when I went to localhost:8080 my browser was unable >>>>> to connect. So then I tried using Chrome, downloaded v0.9.6 again, >>>>> and tried to run “launchAggregateTestServer.cmd”. I got a security >>>>> warning that the app publisher is not verified, but I clicked Run >>>>> anyway, and the same thing happens - brief flash of a blank black >>>>> screen then nothing. Again, Chrome can't connect to localhost:8080. >>>>> So I am stuck - please help! Thankyou! >>>>> >>>>> -- >>>>> Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com >>>>> Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com >>>>> Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >>>>> >>>>> >>>>> >>>> >>>> >>> >>> -- >>> Ellie Chowns home +44 (0)1531 670729 mobile +44 (0)7950 714947 >>> ellie.chowns@gmail.com skype: eleanorchowns >>> >>> -- >>> Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com >>> Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com >>> Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >>> >>> >> >> > > > -- > Ellie Chowns home +44 (0)1531 670729 mobile +44 (0)7950 714947 > ellie.chowns@gmail.com skype: eleanorchowns > > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >

Many thanks again Waylon.� (I have over 13GB free disk space.� I tried
unzipping in a new directory (again) but had the same problem.)

However - I've now downloaded 7-zip, managed to unzip the folder and
successfully installed the local instance - fantastic!

Unfortunately I now have a new problem - I can't seem to load my form
into Aggregate.� I get this error message: HTTP ERROR 400:Problem
accessing /upload. Reason: Problem with JavaRosa Parsing Form:null.�
I've tried re-exporting my test form, and have also installed an App
Engine instance, but I still have the same problem: "Error: Problem
with JavaRosa Parsing Form:null".� When I try to Export to Aggregate
(to my App Engine Instance) direct from Build, I get this error
http://build.opendatakit.org/aggregate/return/1307704881_ellie.chowns@gmail.com?oauth_verifier=SkhTtEFfeTkogXK3PoPDELh7&oauth_token=4/jZI0RHJyQ2lyeP-IKP67qabwx4V3."

I've searched the Community and it looks like a few people have had a
similar problems in recent months.� Following those threads, I've now
managed to make it work (through XML and direct export, to local host
and to AppEngine) for a very simple single-question test form - but not
for an 11-question test form (no groups or branching).� I've also
downloaded ODK Validate and tested my 11-question form but I'm afraid I
have no idea what the result means!� I have pasted the script below.�
Please could someone help me interpret it?

Thanks again for all your support!

Best wishes, Ellie

ODK Validate results:

Checking form...

Parsing form...

Title: "Test survey"

java.lang.NullPointerException

��� at
org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parseItem(XFormParser.java:899)

��� at
org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parseControl(XFormParser.java:610)

��� at
org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser$7.handle(XFormParser.java:150)

��� at
org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parseElement(XFormParser.java:340)

��� at
org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parseElement(XFormParser.java:351)

��� at

��� at
org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.getFormDef(XFormParser.java:297)

��� at
org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.getFormDef(XFormParser.java:261)

��� at
org.javarosa.xform.util.XFormUtils.getFormFromInputStream(XFormUtils.java:63)

��� at org.odk.validate.FormValidator.validate(FormValidator.java:212)

��� at
org.odk.validate.FormValidator.actionPerformed(FormValidator.java:179)

��� at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)

��� at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown
Source)

��� at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown
Source)

��� at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)

��� at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown
Source)

��� at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)

��� at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)

��� at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)

��� at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)

��� at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

��� at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

��� at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

��� at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)

��� at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)

��� at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

��� at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

��� at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

��� at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

��� at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

��� at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(Unknown Source)

��� at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(Unknown Source)

��� at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(Unknown Source)

��� at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

��� at
java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown
Source)

��� at
Source)

��� at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(Unknown Source)

��� at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(Unknown Source)

��� at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

��� at
Source)

��� at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

��� at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown
Source)

��� at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)

��� at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown
Source)

��� at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

��� at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

��� at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Something broke the parser. See above for a hint.

> Any unzipping program should work. I do not have any suggestions on
> solving that problem. I would create a fresh directory and try
> unzipping in that. You will need about 100MB free on your harddrive.
> Maybe you are low on disk space. Unfortunately we are not in a
> > Hi Waylon, many thanks for your help.
> > I have a problem with the extraction from the zip file. When I try to
> > Extract All from the zip file, I get an error message "There is already a
> > file with the same name as the folder name you specified. �Specify a
> > different name." �I get this same message no matter what name or location I
> > give the extraction folder, and I have checked and deleted any folders from
> > all previous abortive attempts to extract. �If I click Try Again in the
> > error message I get nowhere. �If I click Skip, I just get two items in my
> > new folder: _MACOSX (File, 0 bytes) and ODKAggregateDeploy0.9.6 (6 File, 0
> > bytes). �If I click Cancel, I just get the second of these two non-files.
> > �Somehow my unzipping is not working. �Do I need some particular unzipping
> > program? So yes, as you guessed, what I was doing before was browsing straight into
> > the zip file, leading to the script flashing and failing. Thanks for the instructions on opening a cmd window. �Here is the text: Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6001]
> > Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. �All rights reserved. C:\Users\Eleanor>java -version
> > java version "1.6.0_26"
> > Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_26-b03)
> > Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 20.1-b02, mixed mode, sharing) Does that shed any light on the problem?
> > Hoping for more guidance... with many thanks! Best wishes, Ellie On 09/06/2011 20:11, W. Brunette wrote:
> > > Here are some things to do to help figure out the problem. Please confirm that after downloading the zip file, you right-clicked
> > > 'ODK_AggregateDeploy_v0.9.6.zip' and chose 'Extract �All...',
> > > extracted the contents to a folder, then browsed to that folder and
> > > double-clicked the 'uploadAggregateToAppEngine' script from that
> > > folder. If you just browse into the zip file (by double-clicking into it), and
> > > try to run the script from within the zip, the script will flash and
> > > fail as you describe. If that doesn't work probably the easiest thing to do is open a cmd
> > > window and run 'java -version' as this will tell us a lot about your
> > > paths and version. To do this simply go to the start menu and select
> > > run. In the Run popup type "cmd". When the command prompt window comes
> > > up simply time "java -version". Paste the response into this email
> > > thread and it should help us to determine what is wrong. Cheers,
> > > �wrote:
> > > > Hi Yaw, thanks! Yes I checked and installed Java 6 this morning just
> > > > prior
> > > > to trying to install Aggregate. Ellie On 09/06/2011 12:37, Yaw Anokwa wrote:
> > > > > hi ellie, no such thing as a stupid question! do know if you have java 6 or
> > > > > �wrote:
> > > > > > Hello - I hope this isn't a stupid question but I couldn't find an
> > > > > > answer by searching the community discussion so far ...
> > > > > > I am having problems installing a Local Instance of Aggregate. �I have
> > > > > > followed all the instructions, using v0.9.6. �First I tried in
> > > > > > Firefox, but when I tried to run �launchAggregateTestServer.cmd� I
> > > > > > just got a very quick flash of a small blank black screen which then
> > > > > > disappeared, and when I went to localhost:8080 my browser was unable
> > > > > > to connect. �So then I tried using Chrome, downloaded v0.9.6 again,
> > > > > > and tried to run �launchAggregateTestServer.cmd�. �I got a security
> > > > > > warning that the app publisher is not verified, but I clicked Run
> > > > > > anyway, and the same thing happens - brief flash of a blank black
> > > > > > screen then nothing. �Again, Chrome can't connect to localhost:8080.
> > > > > > So I am stuck - please help! �Thankyou! --
> > > > > > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com
> > > > > > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
> > > > > > Options: [http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en](http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en)
> > > > --
> > > > Ellie Chowns home +44 (0)1531 670729 mobile +44 (0)7950 714947
> > > > ellie.chowns@gmail.com skype: eleanorchowns --
> > > > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com
> > > > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
> > > > Options: [http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en](http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en)
> > --
> > Ellie Chowns home +44 (0)1531 670729 mobile +44 (0)7950 714947
> > ellie.chowns@gmail.com skype: eleanorchowns --
> > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com
> > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
> > Options: [http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en](http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en)
··· On 10/06/2011 07:28, W. Brunette wrote: > position to help debug why the file will not unzip properly for you. Your java looks correct. On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 2:57 PM, Ellie Chowns wrote: > > > Waylon On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 4:41 AM, Ellie Chowns > > > > > higher installed? yaw On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 14:34, Ellie Chowns

--

Ellie Chowns
home +44 (0)1531 670729
mobile +44 (0)7950 714947
ellie.chowns@gmail.com

hi ellie,

can you post your form to http://dpaste.com/ and send a link out?

yaw

··· On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 14:47, Ellie Chowns wrote: > Many thanks again Waylon. (I have over 13GB free disk space. I tried > unzipping in a new directory (again) but had the same problem.) > However - I've now downloaded 7-zip, managed to unzip the folder and > successfully installed the local instance - fantastic! > > Unfortunately I now have a new problem - I can't seem to load my form into > Aggregate. I get this error message: HTTP ERROR 400:Problem accessing > /upload. Reason: Problem with JavaRosa Parsing Form:null. I've tried > re-exporting my test form, and have also installed an App Engine instance, > but I still have the same problem: "Error: Problem with JavaRosa Parsing > Form:null". When I try to Export to Aggregate (to my App Engine Instance) > direct from Build, I get this error message: "File not found: Firefox can't > find the file at > http://build.opendatakit.org/aggregate/return/1307704881_ellie.chowns@gmail.com?oauth_verifier=SkhTtEFfeTkogXK3PoPDELh7&oauth_token=4/jZI0RHJyQ2lyeP-IKP67qabwx4V3." > > I've searched the Community and it looks like a few people have had a > similar problems in recent months. Following those threads, I've now > managed to make it work (through XML and direct export, to local host and to > AppEngine) for a very simple single-question test form - but not for an > 11-question test form (no groups or branching). I've also downloaded ODK > Validate and tested my 11-question form but I'm afraid I have no idea what > the result means! I have pasted the script below. Please could someone > help me interpret it? > > Thanks again for all your support! > Best wishes, Ellie > > ODK Validate results: > Checking form... > Parsing form... > Title: "Test survey" > java.lang.NullPointerException > at org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parseItem(XFormParser.java:899) > at > org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parseControl(XFormParser.java:610) > at org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser$7.handle(XFormParser.java:150) > at > org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parseElement(XFormParser.java:340) > at > org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parseElement(XFormParser.java:351) > at > org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parseElement(XFormParser.java:351) > at org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.getFormDef(XFormParser.java:297) > at org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.getFormDef(XFormParser.java:261) > at > org.javarosa.xform.util.XFormUtils.getFormFromInputStream(XFormUtils.java:63) > at org.odk.validate.FormValidator.validate(FormValidator.java:212) > at > org.odk.validate.FormValidator.actionPerformed(FormValidator.java:179) > at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source) > at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source) > at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source) > at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source) > at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown > Source) > at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) > at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) > at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source) > at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source) > at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) > at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) > at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) > at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source) > at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) > at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) > at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) > at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) > at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) > at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) > at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(Unknown Source) > at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(Unknown Source) > at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(Unknown Source) > at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) > at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown > Source) > at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown > Source) > at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(Unknown Source) > at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(Unknown Source) > at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) > at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown > Source) > at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) > at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source) > at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source) > at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source) > at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) > at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) > at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source) > >>> Something broke the parser. See above for a hint. > > > > On 10/06/2011 07:28, W. Brunette wrote: > > Any unzipping program should work. I do not have any suggestions on > solving that problem. I would create a fresh directory and try > unzipping in that. You will need about 100MB free on your harddrive. > Maybe you are low on disk space. Unfortunately we are not in a > position to help debug why the file will not unzip properly for you. > > Your java looks correct. > > On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 2:57 PM, Ellie Chowns wrote: > > > Hi Waylon, many thanks for your help. > I have a problem with the extraction from the zip file. When I try to > Extract All from the zip file, I get an error message "There is already a > file with the same name as the folder name you specified. Specify a > different name." I get this same message no matter what name or location I > give the extraction folder, and I have checked and deleted any folders from > all previous abortive attempts to extract. If I click Try Again in the > error message I get nowhere. If I click Skip, I just get two items in my > new folder: _MACOSX (File, 0 bytes) and ODKAggregateDeploy0.9.6 (6 File, 0 > bytes). If I click Cancel, I just get the second of these two non-files. > Somehow my unzipping is not working. Do I need some particular unzipping > program? > > So yes, as you guessed, what I was doing before was browsing straight into > the zip file, leading to the script flashing and failing. > > Thanks for the instructions on opening a cmd window. Here is the text: > > Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6001] > Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. > > C:\Users\Eleanor>java -version > java version "1.6.0_26" > Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_26-b03) > Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 20.1-b02, mixed mode, sharing) > > Does that shed any light on the problem? > Hoping for more guidance... with many thanks! Best wishes, Ellie > > On 09/06/2011 20:11, W. Brunette wrote: > > > Here are some things to do to help figure out the problem. > > Please confirm that after downloading the zip file, you right-clicked > 'ODK_AggregateDeploy_v0.9.6.zip' and chose 'Extract All...', > extracted the contents to a folder, then browsed to that folder and > double-clicked the 'uploadAggregateToAppEngine' script from that > folder. > > If you just browse into the zip file (by double-clicking into it), and > try to run the script from within the zip, the script will flash and > fail as you describe. > > If that doesn't work probably the easiest thing to do is open a cmd > window and run 'java -version' as this will tell us a lot about your > paths and version. To do this simply go to the start menu and select > run. In the Run popup type "cmd". When the command prompt window comes > up simply time "java -version". Paste the response into this email > thread and it should help us to determine what is wrong. > > Cheers, > Waylon > > On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 4:41 AM, Ellie Chowns wrote: > > > > Hi Yaw, thanks! Yes I checked and installed Java 6 this morning just > prior > to trying to install Aggregate. Ellie > > On 09/06/2011 12:37, Yaw Anokwa wrote: > > > > hi ellie, > > no such thing as a stupid question! do know if you have java 6 or > higher installed? > > yaw > > On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 14:34, Ellie Chowns wrote: > > > > > Hello - I hope this isn't a stupid question but I couldn't find an > answer by searching the community discussion so far ... > I am having problems installing a Local Instance of Aggregate. I have > followed all the instructions, using v0.9.6. First I tried in > Firefox, but when I tried to run “launchAggregateTestServer.cmd” I > just got a very quick flash of a small blank black screen which then > disappeared, and when I went to localhost:8080 my browser was unable > to connect. So then I tried using Chrome, downloaded v0.9.6 again, > and tried to run “launchAggregateTestServer.cmd”. I got a security > warning that the app publisher is not verified, but I clicked Run > anyway, and the same thing happens - brief flash of a blank black > screen then nothing. Again, Chrome can't connect to localhost:8080. > So I am stuck - please help! Thankyou! > > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > > > > > > > -- > Ellie Chowns home +44 (0)1531 670729 mobile +44 (0)7950 714947 > ellie.chowns@gmail.com skype: eleanorchowns > > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > > > > > > -- > Ellie Chowns home +44 (0)1531 670729 mobile +44 (0)7950 714947 > ellie.chowns@gmail.com skype: eleanorchowns > > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > > > > > -- > Ellie Chowns home +44 (0)1531 670729 mobile +44 (0)7950 714947 > ellie.chowns@gmail.com skype: eleanorchowns > > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >

Hi Yaw - I've revisited my form and changed a couple of things - I had
left the field Data Names untitled before and missed setting a couple of
Underlying Values for Options... maybe that was the problem? It now
seems to be fixed and I have exported fine. Thanks very much for the
support and sorry to have troubled you all! Thanks for all your work on
this software; I think it'll be so helpful for my research. Best
wishes, Ellie

··· On 10/06/2011 13:59, Yaw Anokwa wrote: > hi ellie, > > can you post your form to http://dpaste.com/ and send a link out? > > yaw > > On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 14:47, Ellie Chowns wrote: > >> Many thanks again Waylon. (I have over 13GB free disk space. I tried >> unzipping in a new directory (again) but had the same problem.) >> However - I've now downloaded 7-zip, managed to unzip the folder and >> successfully installed the local instance - fantastic! >> >> Unfortunately I now have a new problem - I can't seem to load my form into >> Aggregate. I get this error message: HTTP ERROR 400:Problem accessing >> /upload. Reason: Problem with JavaRosa Parsing Form:null. I've tried >> re-exporting my test form, and have also installed an App Engine instance, >> but I still have the same problem: "Error: Problem with JavaRosa Parsing >> Form:null". When I try to Export to Aggregate (to my App Engine Instance) >> direct from Build, I get this error message: "File not found: Firefox can't >> find the file at >> http://build.opendatakit.org/aggregate/return/1307704881_ellie.chowns@gmail.com?oauth_verifier=SkhTtEFfeTkogXK3PoPDELh7&oauth_token=4/jZI0RHJyQ2lyeP-IKP67qabwx4V3." >> >> I've searched the Community and it looks like a few people have had a >> similar problems in recent months. Following those threads, I've now >> managed to make it work (through XML and direct export, to local host and to >> AppEngine) for a very simple single-question test form - but not for an >> 11-question test form (no groups or branching). I've also downloaded ODK >> Validate and tested my 11-question form but I'm afraid I have no idea what >> the result means! I have pasted the script below. Please could someone >> help me interpret it? >> >> Thanks again for all your support! >> Best wishes, Ellie >> >> ODK Validate results: >> Checking form... >> Parsing form... >> Title: "Test survey" >> java.lang.NullPointerException >> at org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parseItem(XFormParser.java:899) >> at >> org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parseControl(XFormParser.java:610) >> at org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser$7.handle(XFormParser.java:150) >> at >> org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parseElement(XFormParser.java:340) >> at >> org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parseElement(XFormParser.java:351) >> at >> org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parseElement(XFormParser.java:351) >> at org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.getFormDef(XFormParser.java:297) >> at org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.getFormDef(XFormParser.java:261) >> at >> org.javarosa.xform.util.XFormUtils.getFormFromInputStream(XFormUtils.java:63) >> at org.odk.validate.FormValidator.validate(FormValidator.java:212) >> at >> org.odk.validate.FormValidator.actionPerformed(FormValidator.java:179) >> at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source) >> at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source) >> at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source) >> at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source) >> at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown >> Source) >> at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) >> at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) >> at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source) >> at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source) >> at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) >> at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) >> at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) >> at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source) >> at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) >> at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) >> at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) >> at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) >> at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) >> at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) >> at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(Unknown Source) >> at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(Unknown Source) >> at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(Unknown Source) >> at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) >> at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown >> Source) >> at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown >> Source) >> at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(Unknown Source) >> at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(Unknown Source) >> at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) >> at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown >> Source) >> at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) >> at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source) >> at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source) >> at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source) >> at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) >> at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) >> at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source) >> >> >>>> Something broke the parser. See above for a hint. >>>> >> >> >> On 10/06/2011 07:28, W. Brunette wrote: >> >> Any unzipping program should work. I do not have any suggestions on >> solving that problem. I would create a fresh directory and try >> unzipping in that. You will need about 100MB free on your harddrive. >> Maybe you are low on disk space. Unfortunately we are not in a >> position to help debug why the file will not unzip properly for you. >> >> Your java looks correct. >> >> On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 2:57 PM, Ellie Chowns wrote: >> >> >> Hi Waylon, many thanks for your help. >> I have a problem with the extraction from the zip file. When I try to >> Extract All from the zip file, I get an error message "There is already a >> file with the same name as the folder name you specified. Specify a >> different name." I get this same message no matter what name or location I >> give the extraction folder, and I have checked and deleted any folders from >> all previous abortive attempts to extract. If I click Try Again in the >> error message I get nowhere. If I click Skip, I just get two items in my >> new folder: _MACOSX (File, 0 bytes) and ODKAggregateDeploy0.9.6 (6 File, 0 >> bytes). If I click Cancel, I just get the second of these two non-files. >> Somehow my unzipping is not working. Do I need some particular unzipping >> program? >> >> So yes, as you guessed, what I was doing before was browsing straight into >> the zip file, leading to the script flashing and failing. >> >> Thanks for the instructions on opening a cmd window. Here is the text: >> >> Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6001] >> Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. >> >> C:\Users\Eleanor>java -version >> java version "1.6.0_26" >> Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_26-b03) >> Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 20.1-b02, mixed mode, sharing) >> >> Does that shed any light on the problem? >> Hoping for more guidance... with many thanks! Best wishes, Ellie >> >> On 09/06/2011 20:11, W. Brunette wrote: >> >> >> Here are some things to do to help figure out the problem. >> >> Please confirm that after downloading the zip file, you right-clicked >> 'ODK_AggregateDeploy_v0.9.6.zip' and chose 'Extract All...', >> extracted the contents to a folder, then browsed to that folder and >> double-clicked the 'uploadAggregateToAppEngine' script from that >> folder. >> >> If you just browse into the zip file (by double-clicking into it), and >> try to run the script from within the zip, the script will flash and >> fail as you describe. >> >> If that doesn't work probably the easiest thing to do is open a cmd >> window and run 'java -version' as this will tell us a lot about your >> paths and version. To do this simply go to the start menu and select >> run. In the Run popup type "cmd". When the command prompt window comes >> up simply time "java -version". Paste the response into this email >> thread and it should help us to determine what is wrong. >> >> Cheers, >> Waylon >> >> On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 4:41 AM, Ellie Chowns wrote: >> >> >> >> Hi Yaw, thanks! Yes I checked and installed Java 6 this morning just >> prior >> to trying to install Aggregate. Ellie >> >> On 09/06/2011 12:37, Yaw Anokwa wrote: >> >> >> >> hi ellie, >> >> no such thing as a stupid question! do know if you have java 6 or >> higher installed? >> >> yaw >> >> On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 14:34, Ellie Chowns wrote: >> >> >> >> >> Hello - I hope this isn't a stupid question but I couldn't find an >> answer by searching the community discussion so far ... >> I am having problems installing a Local Instance of Aggregate. I have >> followed all the instructions, using v0.9.6. First I tried in >> Firefox, but when I tried to run �launchAggregateTestServer.cmd� I >> just got a very quick flash of a small blank black screen which then >> disappeared, and when I went to localhost:8080 my browser was unable >> to connect. So then I tried using Chrome, downloaded v0.9.6 again, >> and tried to run �launchAggregateTestServer.cmd�. I got a security >> warning that the app publisher is not verified, but I clicked Run >> anyway, and the same thing happens - brief flash of a blank black >> screen then nothing. Again, Chrome can't connect to localhost:8080. >> So I am stuck - please help! Thankyou! >> >> -- >> Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com >> Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com >> Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> -- >> Ellie Chowns home +44 (0)1531 670729 mobile +44 (0)7950 714947 >> ellie.chowns@gmail.com skype: eleanorchowns >> >> -- >> Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com >> Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com >> Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >> >> >> >> >> >> >> -- >> Ellie Chowns home +44 (0)1531 670729 mobile +44 (0)7950 714947 >> ellie.chowns@gmail.com skype: eleanorchowns >> >> -- >> Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com >> Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com >> Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >> >> >> >> >> >> -- >> Ellie Chowns home +44 (0)1531 670729 mobile +44 (0)7950 714947 >> ellie.chowns@gmail.com skype: eleanorchowns >> >> -- >> Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com >> Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com >> Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >> >> >

--

ellie,

the lack of options was was definitely the problem. glad everything is working now, and please feel free to send the list more email if you run into any more problems.

yaw

··· On Jun 10, 2011, at 4:25 PM, Ellie Chowns wrote:

Hi Yaw - I've revisited my form and changed a couple of things - I had left the field Data Names untitled before and missed setting a couple of Underlying Values for Options... maybe that was the problem? It now seems to be fixed and I have exported fine. Thanks very much for the support and sorry to have troubled you all! Thanks for all your work on this software; I think it'll be so helpful for my research. Best wishes, Ellie

On 10/06/2011 13:59, Yaw Anokwa wrote:

hi ellie,

can you post your form to http://dpaste.com/ and send a link out?

yaw

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 14:47, Ellie Chownsellie.chowns@gmail.com wrote:

Many thanks again Waylon. (I have over 13GB free disk space. I tried

Unfortunately I now have a new problem - I can't seem to load my form into
Aggregate. I get this error message: HTTP ERROR 400:Problem accessing
/upload. Reason: Problem with JavaRosa Parsing Form:null. I've tried
re-exporting my test form, and have also installed an App Engine instance,
but I still have the same problem: "Error: Problem with JavaRosa Parsing
Form:null". When I try to Export to Aggregate (to my App Engine Instance)
direct from Build, I get this error message: "File not found: Firefox can't
find the file at
http://build.opendatakit.org/aggregate/return/1307704881_ellie.chowns@gmail.com?oauth_verifier=SkhTtEFfeTkogXK3PoPDELh7&oauth_token=4/jZI0RHJyQ2lyeP-IKP67qabwx4V3."

similar problems in recent months. Following those threads, I've now
managed to make it work (through XML and direct export, to local host and to
AppEngine) for a very simple single-question test form - but not for an
11-question test form (no groups or branching). I've also downloaded ODK
Validate and tested my 11-question form but I'm afraid I have no idea what
the result means! I have pasted the script below. Please could someone
help me interpret it?

Best wishes, Ellie

ODK Validate results:
Checking form...
Parsing form...
at org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parseItem(XFormParser.java:899)
at
at org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser$7.handle(XFormParser.java:150)
at
at
at
at org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.getFormDef(XFormParser.java:297)
at org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.getFormDef(XFormParser.java:261)
at
org.javarosa.xform.util.XFormUtils.getFormFromInputStream(XFormUtils.java:63)
at org.odk.validate.FormValidator.validate(FormValidator.java:212)
at
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown
Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown
Source)
Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(Unknown Source)
Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

On 10/06/2011 07:28, W. Brunette wrote:

Your java looks correct.

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 2:57 PM, Ellie Chownsellie.chowns@gmail.com wrote:

Extract All from the zip file, I get an error message "There is already a
file with the same name as the folder name you specified. Specify a
different name." I get this same message no matter what name or location I
give the extraction folder, and I have checked and deleted any folders from
all previous abortive attempts to extract. If I click Try Again in the
error message I get nowhere. If I click Skip, I just get two items in my
new folder: _MACOSX (File, 0 bytes) and ODKAggregateDeploy0.9.6 (6 File, 0
bytes). If I click Cancel, I just get the second of these two non-files.
Somehow my unzipping is not working. Do I need some particular unzipping
program?

So yes, as you guessed, what I was doing before was browsing straight into
the zip file, leading to the script flashing and failing.

java version "1.6.0_26"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_26-b03)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 20.1-b02, mixed mode, sharing)

On 09/06/2011 20:11, W. Brunette wrote:

folder.

fail as you describe.

up simply time "java -version". Paste the response into this email
thread and it should help us to determine what is wrong.

Cheers,
Waylon

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 4:41 AM, Ellie Chownsellie.chowns@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Yaw, thanks! Yes I checked and installed Java 6 this morning just
prior
to trying to install Aggregate. Ellie

On 09/06/2011 12:37, Yaw Anokwa wrote:

hi ellie,

no such thing as a stupid question! do know if you have java 6 or
higher installed?

yaw

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 14:34, Ellie Chownsellie.chowns@gmail.com wrote:

Hello - I hope this isn't a stupid question but I couldn't find an
answer by searching the community discussion so far ...
I am having problems installing a Local Instance of Aggregate. I have
followed all the instructions, using v0.9.6. First I tried in
Firefox, but when I tried to run “launchAggregateTestServer.cmd” I
just got a very quick flash of a small blank black screen which then
disappeared, and when I went to localhost:8080 my browser was unable
to connect. So then I tried using Chrome, downloaded v0.9.6 again,
and tried to run “launchAggregateTestServer.cmd”. I got a security
warning that the app publisher is not verified, but I clicked Run
anyway, and the same thing happens - brief flash of a blank black
screen then nothing. Again, Chrome can't connect to localhost:8080.
So I am stuck - please help! Thankyou!

--
Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

--

--

--

--

--

--

--
Ellie Chowns home +44 (0)1531 670729 mobile +44 (0)7950 714947 ellie.chowns@gmail.com skype: eleanorchowns

Helllo Ellie and Yaw,
I had the same problems as Ellie. I made a simple form, and was able
to "export to aggregate..." without problem. The longer one I made
just does not want to be accepted. It gives that "Firefox can't find
the file at
http://build.opendatakit.org/aggregate/return/1308433521_curtisbr?oauth_verifier=-V72XYtyVm7QDQG_0bXgMrv_&oauth_token=4/cb4PrRU01YeL4ATo5iYny5lulU9f."
message. I did recheck my questionnaire in "Build" and fixed some
minor things, but still no luck. I will download the validator that
Ellie spoke about, but from a view of that output, I don't think I'll
be able to figure out much.
Curtis

··· On Jun 10, 3:25 pm, Ellie Chowns wrote: > Hi Yaw - I've revisited my form and changed a couple of things - I had > left the field Data Names untitled before and missed setting a couple of > Underlying Values for Options... maybe that was the problem? It now > seems to be fixed and I have exported fine. Thanks very much for the > support and sorry to have troubled you all! Thanks for all your work on > this software; I think it'll be so helpful for my research. Best > wishes, Ellie > > On 10/06/2011 13:59, Yaw Anokwa wrote: > > > > > > > > > hi ellie, > > > can you post your form tohttp://dpaste.com/and send a link out? > > > yaw > > > On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 14:47, Ellie Chowns wrote: > > >> Many thanks again Waylon. (I have over 13GB free disk space. I tried > >> unzipping in a new directory (again) but had the same problem.) > >> However - I've now downloaded 7-zip, managed to unzip the folder and > >> successfully installed the local instance - fantastic! > > >> Unfortunately I now have a new problem - I can't seem to load my form into > >>Aggregate. I get this error message: HTTP ERROR 400:Problem accessing > >> /upload. Reason: Problem with JavaRosa Parsing Form:null. I've tried > >> re-exporting my test form, and have also installed an App Engine instance, > >> but I still have the same problem: "Error: Problem with JavaRosa Parsing > >> Form:null". When I try toExporttoAggregate(to my App Engine Instance) > >> direct from Build, I get this error message: "File not found: Firefox can't > >> find the file at > >> http://build.opendatakit.org/aggregate/return/1307704881_ellie.cho...@gmail.com?oauth_verifier=SkhTtEFfeTkogXK3PoPDELh7&oauth_token=4/jZI0RHJyQ2lyeP-IKP67qabwx4V3." > > >> I've searched the Community and it looks like a few people have had a > >> similar problems in recent months. Following those threads, I've now > >> managed to make it work (through XML and directexport, to local host and to > >> AppEngine) for a very simple single-question test form - but not for an > >> 11-question test form (no groups or branching). I've also downloaded ODK > >> Validate and tested my 11-question form but I'm afraid I have no idea what > >> the result means! I have pasted the script below. Please could someone > >> help me interpret it? > > >> Thanks again for all your support! > >> Best wishes, Ellie > > >> ODK Validate results: > >> Checking form... > >> Parsing form... > >> Title: "Test survey" > >> java.lang.NullPointerException > >> at org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parseItem(XFormParser.java:899) > >> at > >> org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parseControl(XFormParser.java:610) > >> at org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser$7.handle(XFormParser.java:150) > >> at > >> org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parseElement(XFormParser.java:340) > >> at > >> org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parseElement(XFormParser.java:351) > >> at > >> org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parseElement(XFormParser.java:351) > >> at org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.getFormDef(XFormParser.java:297) > >> at org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.getFormDef(XFormParser.java:261) > >> at > >> org.javarosa.xform.util.XFormUtils.getFormFromInputStream(XFormUtils.java:63) > >> at org.odk.validate.FormValidator.validate(FormValidator.java:212) > >> at > >> org.odk.validate.FormValidator.actionPerformed(FormValidator.java:179) > >> at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source) > >> at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source) > >> at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source) > >> at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source) > >> at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown > >> Source) > >> at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) > >> at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) > >> at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source) > >> at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source) > >> at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) > >> at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) > >> at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) > >> at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source) > >> at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) > >> at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) > >> at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) > >> at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) > >> at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) > >> at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) > >> at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(Unknown Source) > >> at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(Unknown Source) > >> at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(Unknown Source) > >> at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) > >> at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown > >> Source) > >> at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown > >> Source) > >> at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(Unknown Source) > >> at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(Unknown Source) > >> at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) > >> at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown > >> Source) > >> at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) > >> at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source) > >> at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source) > >> at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source) > >> at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) > >> at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) > >> at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source) > > >>>> Something broke the parser. See above for a hint. > > >> On 10/06/2011 07:28, W. Brunette wrote: > > >> Any unzipping program should work. I do not have any suggestions on > >> solving that problem. I would create a fresh directory and try > >> unzipping in that. You will need about 100MB free on your harddrive. > >> Maybe you are low on disk space. Unfortunately we are not in a > >> position to help debug why the file will not unzip properly for you. > > >> Your java looks correct. > > >> On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 2:57 PM, Ellie Chowns wrote: > > >> Hi Waylon, many thanks for your help. > >> I have a problem with the extraction from the zip file. When I try to > >> Extract All from the zip file, I get an error message "There is already a > >> file with the same name as the folder name you specified. Specify a > >> different name." I get this same message no matter what name or location I > >> give the extraction folder, and I have checked and deleted any folders from > >> all previous abortive attempts to extract. If I click Try Again in the > >> error message I get nowhere. If I click Skip, I just get two items in my > >> new folder: _MACOSX (File, 0 bytes) and ODKAggregateDeploy0.9.6 (6 File, 0 > >> bytes). If I click Cancel, I just get the second of these two non-files. > >> Somehow my unzipping is not working. Do I need some particular unzipping > >> program? > > >> So yes, as you guessed, what I was doing before was browsing straight into > >> the zip file, leading to the script flashing and failing. > > >> Thanks for the instructions on opening a cmd window. Here is the text: > > >> Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6001] > >> Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. > > >> C:\Users\Eleanor>java -version > >> java version "1.6.0_26" > >> Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_26-b03) > >> Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 20.1-b02, mixed mode, sharing) > > >> Does that shed any light on the problem? > >> Hoping for more guidance... with many thanks! Best wishes, Ellie > > >> On 09/06/2011 20:11, W. Brunette wrote: > > >> Here are some things to do to help figure out the problem. > > >> Please confirm that after downloading the zip file, you right-clicked > >> 'ODK_AggregateDeploy_v0.9.6.zip' and chose 'Extract All...', > >> extracted the contents to a folder, then browsed to that folder and > >> double-clicked the 'uploadAggregateToAppEngine' script from that > >> folder. > > >> If you just browse into the zip file (by double-clicking into it), and > >> try to run the script from within the zip, the script will flash and > >> fail as you describe. > > >> If that doesn't work probably the easiest thing to do is open a cmd > >> window and run 'java -version' as this will tell us a lot about your > >> paths and version. To do this simply go to the start menu and select > >> run. In the Run popup type "cmd". When the command prompt window comes > >> up simply time "java -version". Paste the response into this email > >> thread and it should help us to determine what is wrong. > > >> Cheers, > >> Waylon > > >> On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 4:41 AM, Ellie Chowns wrote: > > >> Hi Yaw, thanks! Yes I checked and installed Java 6 this morning just > >> prior > >> to trying to installAggregate. Ellie > > >> On 09/06/2011 12:37, Yaw Anokwa wrote: > > >> hi ellie, > > >> no such thing as a stupid question! do know if you have java 6 or > >> higher installed? > > >> yaw > > >> On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 14:34, Ellie Chowns wrote: > > >> Hello - I hope this isn't a stupid question but I couldn't find an > >> answer by searching the community discussion so far ... > >> I am having problems installing a Local Instance ofAggregate. I have > >> followed all the instructions, using v0.9.6. First I tried in > >> Firefox, but when I tried to run launchAggregateTestServer.cmd I > >> just got a very quick flash of a small blank black screen which then > >> disappeared, and when I went to localhost:8080 my browser was unable > >> to connect. So then I tried using Chrome, downloaded v0.9.6 again, > >> and tried to run launchAggregateTestServer.cmd . I got a security > >> warning > > ... > > read more »

Hi Curtis,

I don't know how relevant this is but recently I had a problem with
sending my form to aggregate too. Then I found out that I shouldn't
have Data Name started with a number. For example, Data Name like
"1_apple" is bad but Data Name like "apple_1" is good. That fixed my
problem. Hope you got yours to work.

Du

··· On Jun 18, 4:50 pm, Curtis Broderick wrote: > Helllo Ellie and Yaw, > I had the same problems as Ellie. I made a simple form, and was able > to "export toaggregate..." without problem. The longer one I made > just does not want to be accepted. It gives that "Firefox can't find > the file athttp://build.opendatakit.org/aggregate/return/1308433521_curtisbr?oau...." > message. I did recheck my questionnaire in "Build" and fixed some > minor things, but still no luck. I will download the validator that > Ellie spoke about, but from a view of that output, I don't think I'll > be able to figure out much. > Curtis > > On Jun 10, 3:25 pm, Ellie Chowns wrote: > > > > > > > > > Hi Yaw - I've revisited my form and changed a couple of things - I had > > left the field Data Names untitled before and missed setting a couple of > > Underlying Values for Options... maybe that was the problem? It now > > seems to be fixed and I have exported fine. Thanks very much for the > > support and sorry to have troubled you all! Thanks for all your work on > > this software; I think it'll be so helpful for my research. Best > > wishes, Ellie > > > On 10/06/2011 13:59, Yaw Anokwa wrote: > > > > hi ellie, > > > > can you post your form tohttp://dpaste.com/andsend a link out? > > > > yaw > > > > On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 14:47, Ellie Chowns wrote: > > > >> Many thanks again Waylon. (I have over 13GB free disk space. I tried > > >> unzipping in a new directory (again) but had the same problem.) > > >> However - I've now downloaded 7-zip, managed to unzip the folder and > > >> successfully installed the local instance - fantastic! > > > >> Unfortunately I now have a new problem - I can't seem to load my form into > > >>Aggregate. I get thiserrormessage: HTTPERROR400:Problem accessing > > >> /upload. Reason: Problem with JavaRosa Parsing Form:null. I've tried > > >> re-exporting my test form, and have also installed an App Engine instance, > > >> but I still have the same problem: "Error: Problem with JavaRosa Parsing > > >> Form:null". When I try toExporttoAggregate(to my App Engine Instance) > > >> direct fromBuild, I get thiserrormessage: "File not found: Firefox can't > > >> find the file at > > >> http://build.opendatakit.org/aggregate/return/1307704881_ellie.cho...@gmail.com?oauth_verifier=SkhTtEFfeTkogXK3PoPDELh7&oauth_token=4/jZI0RHJyQ2 lyeP-IKP67qabwx4V3." > > > >> I've searched the Community and it looks like a few people have had a > > >> similar problems in recent months. Following those threads, I've now > > >> managed to make it work (through XML and directexport, to local host and to > > >> AppEngine) for a very simple single-question test form - but not for an > > >> 11-question test form (no groups or branching). I've also downloaded ODK > > >> Validate and tested my 11-question form but I'm afraid I have no idea what > > >> the result means! I have pasted the script below. Please could someone > > >> help me interpret it? > > > >> Thanks again for all your support! > > >> Best wishes, Ellie > > > >> ODK Validate results: > > >> Checking form... > > >> Parsing form... > > >> Title: "Test survey" > > >> java.lang.NullPointerException > > >> at org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parseItem(XFormParser.java:899) > > >> at > > >> org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parseControl(XFormParser.java:610) > > >> at org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser$7.handle(XFormParser.java:150) > > >> at > > >> org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parseElement(XFormParser.java:340) > > >> at > > >> org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parseElement(XFormParser.java:351) > > >> at > > >> org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parseElement(XFormParser.java:351) > > >> at org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.getFormDef(XFormParser.java:297) > > >> at org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.getFormDef(XFormParser.java:261) > > >> at > > >> org.javarosa.xform.util.XFormUtils.getFormFromInputStream(XFormUtils.java:6 3) > > >> at org.odk.validate.FormValidator.validate(FormValidator.java:212) > > >> at > > >> org.odk.validate.FormValidator.actionPerformed(FormValidator.java:179) > > >> at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source) > > >> at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source) > > >> at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source) > > >> at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source) > > >> at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown > > >> Source) > > >> at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) > > >> at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) > > >> at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source) > > >> at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source) > > >> at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) > > >> at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) > > >> at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) > > >> at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source) > > >> at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) > > >> at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) > > >> at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) > > >> at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) > > >> at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) > > >> at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) > > >> at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(Unknown Source) > > >> at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(Unknown Source) > > >> at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(Unknown Source) > > >> at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) > > >> at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown > > >> Source) > > >> at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown > > >> Source) > > >> at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(Unknown Source) > > >> at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(Unknown Source) > > >> at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) > > >> at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown > > >> Source) > > >> at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) > > >> at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source) > > >> at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source) > > >> at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source) > > >> at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) > > >> at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) > > >> at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source) > > > >>>> Something broke the parser. See above for a hint. > > > >> On 10/06/2011 07:28, W. Brunette wrote: > > > >> Any unzipping program should work. I do not have any suggestions on > > >> solving that problem. I would create a fresh directory and try > > >> unzipping in that. You will need about 100MB free on your harddrive. > > >> Maybe you are low on disk space. Unfortunately we are not in a > > >> position to help debug why the file will not unzip properly for you. > > > >> Your java looks correct. > > > >> On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 2:57 PM, Ellie Chowns wrote: > > > >> Hi Waylon, many thanks for your help. > > >> I have a problem with the extraction from the zip file. When I try to > > >> Extract All from the zip file, I get anerrormessage "There is already a > > >> file with the same name as the folder name you specified. Specify a > > >> different name." I get this same message no matter what name or location I > > >> give the extraction folder, and I have checked and deleted any folders from > > >> all previous abortive attempts to extract. If I click Try Again in the > > >>errormessage I get nowhere. If I click Skip, I just get two items in my > > >> new folder: _MACOSX (File, 0 bytes) and ODKAggregateDeploy0.9.6 (6 File, 0 > > >> bytes). If I click Cancel, I just get the second of these two non-files. > > >> Somehow my unzipping is not working. Do I need some particular unzipping > > >> program? > > > >> So yes, as you guessed, what I was doing before was browsing straight into > > >> the zip file, leading to the script flashing and failing. > > > >> Thanks for the instructions on opening a cmd window. Here is the text: > > > >> Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6001] > > >> Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. > > > >> C:\Users\Eleanor>java -version > > >> java version "1.6.0_26" > > >> Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build1.6.0_26-b03) > > >> Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build20.1-b02, mixed mode, sharing) > > > >> Does that shed any light on the problem? > > >> Hoping for more guidance... with many thanks! Best wishes, Ellie > > > >> On 09/06/2011 20:11, W. Brunette wrote: > > > >> Here are some things to do to help figure out the problem. > > > >> Please confirm that after downloading the zip file, you right-clicked > > >> 'ODK_AggregateDeploy_v0.9.6.zip' and chose 'Extract All...', > > >> extracted the contents to a folder, then browsed to that folder and > > >> double-clicked the 'uploadAggregateToAppEngine' script from that > > >> folder. > > > >> If you just browse into the zip file (by double-clicking into it), and > > >> try to run the script from within the zip, the script will flash and > > >> fail as you describe. > > > >> If that doesn't work probably the easiest thing to do is open a cmd > > >> window and run 'java -version' as this will tell us a lot about your > > >> paths and version. To do this simply go to the start menu and select > > >> run. In the Run popup type "cmd". When the command prompt window comes > > ... > > read more »

Hi Du:

Thanks for the information; I'll add a validation check to Build for that case.

Best,
Clint

··· On Tuesday, July 5, 2011 at 7:29 PM, Du wrote:

Hi Curtis,

I don't know how relevant this is but recently I had a problem with
sending my form to aggregate too. Then I found out that I shouldn't
have Data Name started with a number. For example, Data Name like
"1_apple" is bad but Data Name like "apple_1" is good. That fixed my
problem. Hope you got yours to work.

Du

On Jun 18, 4:50 pm, Curtis Broderick <curtisbroderi...@gmail.com (http://gmail.com)> wrote:

Helllo Ellie and Yaw,
I had the same problems as Ellie. I made a simple form, and was able
to "export toaggregate..." without problem. The longer one I made
just does not want to be accepted. It gives that "Firefox can't find
the file athttp://build.opendatakit.org/aggregate/return/1308433521_curtisbr?oau...."
message. I did recheck my questionnaire in "Build" and fixed some
minor things, but still no luck. I will download the validator that
Ellie spoke about, but from a view of that output, I don't think I'll
be able to figure out much.
Curtis

On Jun 10, 3:25 pm, Ellie Chowns <ellie.cho...@gmail.com (http://gmail.com)> wrote:

Hi Yaw - I've revisited my form and changed a couple of things - I had
left the field Data Names untitled before and missed setting a couple of
Underlying Values for Options... maybe that was the problem? It now
seems to be fixed and I have exported fine. Thanks very much for the
support and sorry to have troubled you all! Thanks for all your work on
this software; I think it'll be so helpful for my research. Best
wishes, Ellie

On 10/06/2011 13:59, Yaw Anokwa wrote:

hi ellie,

can you post your form tohttp://dpaste.com/andsend a link out?

yaw

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 14:47, Ellie Chowns<ellie.cho...@gmail.com (http://gmail.com)> wrote:

Many thanks again Waylon. (I have over 13GB free disk space. I tried

Unfortunately I now have a new problem - I can't seem to load my form into
Aggregate. I get thiserrormessage: HTTPERROR400:Problem accessing
/upload. Reason: Problem with JavaRosa Parsing Form:null. I've tried
re-exporting my test form, and have also installed an App Engine instance,
but I still have the same problem: "Error: Problem with JavaRosa Parsing
Form:null". When I try toExporttoAggregate(to my App Engine Instance)
direct fromBuild, I get thiserrormessage: "File not found: Firefox can't
find the file at
http://build.opendatakit.org/aggregate/return/1307704881_ellie.cho...@gmail.com?oauth_verifier=SkhTtEFfeTkogXK3PoPDELh7&oauth_token=4/jZI0RHJyQ2 lyeP-IKP67qabwx4V3."

similar problems in recent months. Following those threads, I've now
managed to make it work (through XML and directexport, to local host and to
AppEngine) for a very simple single-question test form - but not for an
11-question test form (no groups or branching). I've also downloaded ODK
Validate and tested my 11-question form but I'm afraid I have no idea what
the result means! I have pasted the script below. Please could someone
help me interpret it?

Best wishes, Ellie

ODK Validate results:
Checking form...
Parsing form...
at org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parseItem(XFormParser.java:899)
at
at org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser$7.handle(XFormParser.java:150)
at
at
at
at org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.getFormDef(XFormParser.java:297)
at org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.getFormDef(XFormParser.java:261)
at
org.javarosa.xform.util.XFormUtils.getFormFromInputStream(XFormUtils.java:6 3)
at org.odk.validate.FormValidator.validate(FormValidator.java:212)
at
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown
Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(Unknown Source)
Source)
Source)
Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

On 10/06/2011 07:28, W. Brunette wrote:

Your java looks correct.

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 2:57 PM, Ellie Chowns<ellie.cho...@gmail.com (http://gmail.com)> wrote:

Extract All from the zip file, I get anerrormessage "There is already a
file with the same name as the folder name you specified. Specify a
different name." I get this same message no matter what name or location I
give the extraction folder, and I have checked and deleted any folders from
all previous abortive attempts to extract. If I click Try Again in the
errormessage I get nowhere. If I click Skip, I just get two items in my
new folder: _MACOSX (File, 0 bytes) and ODKAggregateDeploy0.9.6 (6 File, 0
bytes). If I click Cancel, I just get the second of these two non-files.
Somehow my unzipping is not working. Do I need some particular unzipping
program?

So yes, as you guessed, what I was doing before was browsing straight into
the zip file, leading to the script flashing and failing.

java version "1.6.0_26"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build1.6.0_26-b03)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build20.1-b02, mixed mode, sharing)

On 09/06/2011 20:11, W. Brunette wrote:

folder.

fail as you describe.

read more »

--
Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com (mailto:opendatakit@googlegroups.com)
Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com (mailto:opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com)