The Open Data Kit (ODK) technical consultant will work under supervision of the Amkeni Wakenya Project Manager and directly with the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist. More specifically, the consultant will:
- Develop a technical strategy to resolve any data capture errors for data submitted by the IPs in the ODK system.
- Design SPSS data capture and analysis protocols for real time data submitted by the IPs through ODK system.
- Update as appropriate all the active IPs in the ODK system and enable the IPs report real time on all the field activities being implemented by the IPs.
- Update as appropriate ODK training manual and train all Amkeni Wakenya project staff on the upgraded system and working closely with the 4 Senior Project Associates conduct 4 virtual training for all the 32 IPs in the 4 regions.
- Address the following technical challenges that have been documented by the IPs over the last one year.
- Technical challenges related to data entry before submitting through ODK thus resolving the issue of double entry of information.
- Provide alternatives to the use of android phones whenever feasible.
- Develop a strategy of enabling the Amkeni Wakenya project staff and IPs staff to access the data once it’s submitted to ODK.
- Provide technical advice of the usability of ODK with PWDs (deaf, blind etc)