The ODK Team is pleased to announce a new release that includes many new
exciting features such as the ability to have Collect use an external
Bluetooth printer. This release includes bug fixes and new features for
the 1.3 version of the tools as well as an introduction of some of the ODK
2.0 tool set. The goal is to include some of the functionality from 2.0
series in the 1.0 series of tools when practicable. Here is a summary of
- Added printer support on Android 3.1 and higher systems. See
- configurable display and use of 'back' and 'next' buttons, and the
enabling or disabling of swipe treatment within form pages (contributed
work by Nafundi).
- configurable background transmission of submissions when network
connections are detected (contributed work by Nafundi).
- application settings can now be saved to disk and loaded from disk
(makes configuring device fleets easier). (contributed work by Nafundi).
- issue 401 - string prompts now can render a configurable-height text
entry box, via the rows attribute on their tag.
- issue 751 - compact (a.k.a. grid view) select-one and select-multiple
prompts now can render text label arrays or icon arrays.
- compact (a.k.a. grid view) select-one and select-multiple prompts, if
given a fixed column width (e.g., compact-4), will rescale the images so
that they exactly fit the natural width of the device. Images are not
rescaled when the device is then rotated 90 degrees.
- if a meta/instanceName field is defined in a form, the non-empty value
of that field will be used as the instanceName when the form is saved (and
the user will be unable to alter it). Otherwise, the pre-1.3 instance
naming treatment will be used. By defining this as a calculated field, the
form designer can control the naming of the submission instances.
- if itext contains constraintMsg or requiredMsg forms, then these will
be used for the constraint failure and required-but-missing error messages.
···* Aggregate 1.3.1*
- Improved Fusion Tables publisher that will batch submissions to move
the data to Fusion Tables much faster (a reduction in speed occurred when
Aggregate 1.3 moved away from Fusion Tables deprecated API to Fusion Tables
- Automatically create a Fusion Tables View that includes all
- change watchdog to run more frequently if there is an active
publisher. Provide a 'disable' button on the Site Admin / Preferences page
to restore older behavior (to conserve GAE quota).
- issue 794 - form upload failed for some forms on MySQL with stack
- issue 761 - Fix to simple JSON publisher. had caused instability when
- issue 697 - popups don't show centered in screen when displayed on top
of scrolling regions.
- issue 786 - forms with repeat groups cannot be versioned.
- issue 768 - rows-per-page value keeps getting reset on refresh..
Sensors Framework 2.0 ALPHA
- Initial ALPHA release
- The Sensors framework simplifies the development of sensor-based
mobile applications by creating a common abstraction point that enables all
sensors to be accessed through a unified interface. To access an external
sensor you need a driver (such as Zebra Printer Driver) for the external
Zebra Printer Driver 2.0
- Tested on Zebra MZ220 and Zebra MZ320 printers.
- For installation and configuration please see:
- For usage please see: