Upload and download forms in local server

What is the problem? Please be detailed.
I want to upload the XML form into my enumerator's mobile.As I know that if I install the odk aggregate on my laptop then I could upload and download the forms from aggregate.for some reason whenever try to install the aggregate it's not working.
I want to use the aggregate with my local server. I am non- technical person.In such case could anyone help me how could I
go forward.
Looking for the response!

Regards,
BIthi

What ODK tool and version are you using? And on what device and operating system version?

What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?

What you have you tried to fix the problem?

Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach here.

Hi Blthi
Do you have a running aggregate,
If you have can you access it from your mobile.

Best regards

If you only have a few enumerators and forms, you could work entirely locally and offline with a combination of instructions for Pushing/pulling forms to/from android devices directly from a pc and ODK Briefcase.

Is there a particular reason you need to work locally? The suggested way to install Aggregate is on Google's AppEngine. Installing Aggregate locally is going to require you to install Tomcat and a database which are challenging. Another option is to use the virtual machine (has not been updated to the latest version of Aggregate yet but should be sufficient).

2 Likes

Dear Nader & LN,

I was trying to Google Engin.But at the mid of the way it was not working.I have checked my laptop there is no previous ODK Aggregate.Moreover, I was thinking if I have to aggregate all my upload and download forms in cloud how I will get the main data and how to keep the confidentiality.

Regards,
Bithi

Hi Bithi,

if you want to install ODK Aggregate with google cloud(Google AppEngine)

https://opendatakit.org/use/aggregate/
(Note : use small case letters for information which you will applied it in the installation)

but if you want to work offline i recommend what Helene said in the last message.

Best Regards

1 Like